Email defaulting to "block all images"

Brenda1
Contributor II

My e-mail keeps defaulting to "block all images". I can't get it to stay with "show all images".

67 REPLIES 67

It is now almost 2 months since this problem of randomly changing image settings was first flagged.  Changing the image settings works for a day or so and then the problem happens again.  When will this be fixed?

MartyT
Contributor III

It has happened at least on a weekly basis and so far twice this morning.  Vey annoying!!!

Hermerlink
Contributor II

This has happened AGAIN on my Win10 Firefox.....and, I CANNOT OPEN BELL SETTINGS to select Open All Images.  Cannot find the "Settings". When can you Fix this crazy problem? thank you.

M.H. Cross    

JR2
Contributor III

setting should be at top right of your e mail.  It looks like a little wheel or  there should be a link in the e mail itself that says change settings .

On another note, I see that you are using sympatico.ca and so am I.  I wonder if this is a common thread to the problem

@BellPatricia:  I thought I read that there is a FIX for the Image Blocking phenomena happening to many of us Sympatico Customers....is there a Link you can provide? ??  Thank you....Herm Feb. 5, 2024

240220: This thread is tedious. The Bell employee(s) keep responding to declare that there is a fix...but nobody says what the fix is! What is it?? And why do you (the T/S people) not post openly about what to do, but instead say that you have/will send [u]one[/u] user a PM? There are clearly many customers experiencing the same issue - FIX IT!

MartyT
Contributor III

The Image Gremlin has struck again!  I have had to reset several times over the past couple of days.  It appeared the bug had disappeared over Christmas, but it is rearing it's ugly little annoyances again.  Three times in one mail reading session yesterday and agin this morning..  Just keeping you up to date as promised.

Techie2
Contributor

User after user after user complains about the same thing--which is an easy fix by Ma Bell, BTW--but for some mysterious reason she refuses to deliver it. Why are we still waiting, Bell??

dmcycler
Contributor

And even when I check and it is already selected to show all images, it still doesn't show the images. On my phone I have dropped the Bell sympatico email interface and I'm using outlook. It is definitely Superior but I haven't yet given up on my laptop. I may have to switch to a different email provider.

JR2
Contributor III

After trying this forum with no luck, I went to Bell Tech support via telephone, on several occasions.  The latest I have is that Bell is aware that it is a problem and that it is going to be addressed in its next update.  However, the date of the update is unknown.  They said they will let me know (we shall see).  Other things to consider--Bell is having money problems as has been stated in the news recently. I do not see bell.net as a big money maker for them and it probably is a low priority.  Having said that, I will give them a bit of time to see if the update comes through.  If not, I will be switching e mail providers and probably my other services too.  Bell support was the primary reason I stayed with  Bell, but is has been going down hill more and more