New Webmail - Format and Feature Issues

paintinglady
Contributor II

I am trying to get used to the new email format. I love some of the changes but am having difficulty with others.

When I click on the square box next to the subject line when I first open my email link it now automatically opens to the email. In the past, I could click on the square box for several emails(they wouldn't automatically open again) and I could move them all at once to a select file folder. Now I have to move each one individually which is very time consuming. Is there a step I am missing or is this just the new way and if it is can this be addressed in an update?

I also find the font size smaller than before. I am not sure if it is because of the font size or if the colour was changed on the font but it is now hard to differentiate between unopened emails and opened emails. Is there some way I can change the colour of the font and the size? I have looked into my email settings as well as my browser settings but I couldn't see anything. 

Would love any help anyone can give! Thank You

194 REPLIES 194

Hi   I do not have a log  out button or anything that sys  VIEW

Arrow

Yeah, no, the doubleclick isn't working. That's the point. In other news, my days on my calendar now run from noon to noon instead of midnight to midnight. I spoke to a Bell tech person who says the engineers are working on it and all these things will be fixed in days/weeks not months. A friend says she's gotten better results by opening her mail in a different browser.

I am not happy with the new email format...weekly I receive a newsletter that is in the body of the email. Previous to this new format, I was able to open the email and the newsletter could be viewed perfectly. Now, the content is way too large and is moved over to the right side and the wording is all out of format. It cannot be accessed properly and is unreadable. This was not the case before. I don't know how to fix it. If I view the email in any other email app, ie gmail, or any other way such as Outlook or Windows Live Mail or any other mail app, the email is presented perfectly.

Every other person who opens their mail in the Bell Mail has the same problem. Is this a glitch that can fixed by Bell....

Thank you

Carrie412

Thank you for your feedback, it's greatly appreciated.

The "move" button is found in a similar place as in the old webmail, but there is a slight visual difference that might be a bit confusing at first.  In the old webmail, the 'move' function was under a 'more options' icon (3 horizontal lines). From this icon, a dropdown would appear from which you could select 'Move.'  See below as a screenshot from the old webmail:

JohnDavidson_0-1638198052344.png

In the new webmail UI, instead of using an icon, we use the word 'More' to open the same dropdown menu from which 'move' can be selected. Here's a screenshot of the new webmail:

JohnDavidson_1-1638198127401.png

If this is not what you see or if I have misunderstood, it might be helpful if you could share a screenshot or more details of what you are seeing.

I am a former Bell employee and a customer. My views on the Community Forum are my own and may not be the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

That's strange. Can you share a screenshot of what you see?

Here is what I see - note: the logout and 'view' buttons are on the right side.

JohnDavidson_2-1638198372497.png

I am a former Bell employee and a customer. My views on the Community Forum are my own and may not be the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

What browser are you using? I tested double clicking to open a message in a separate browser window in Chrome, Edge and Firefox and it worked for me. Did the other options for increasing the size of the reading pane work for you?

Regarding the Calendar, this has been shared with the developer team - thank you for the feedback!

With the new "move" function is there a way to click on the box beside the email (check mark), click on move and then click on a folder I have created in My Folders that is on the left side of my email screen. Now when I need to move a file I have to click on move then on my folders from the drop down menu then scroll down to find the folder I want to move the email into. The old way to do it was much easier and faster when dealing with multiple folders and sub-folders. I use to just click on the email hit move and click on the folder on the left side of my screen. Just thought I would ask. Thanks

One easy option for moving messages you may want to consider is to click & drag the message to the folder you want to move it to:

JohnDavidson_0-1638205617033.png

The 'move' menus are displayed a little bit differently, but it works in a similar way. You click on the check box of the email, click 'move' and then another menu opens up that lists the folders that you can choose to move it to. The difference between old and new was that in the old webmail, it would open a pop-up window to display your folders you can choose from and in the new webmail, its done through the drop-down menus. 

Here's the old webmail:

JohnDavidson_1-1638205921102.png

Here's the new webmail:

JohnDavidson_2-1638205989971.png

Thank you. I just don't find it as easy to use as before with the amount of folders and sub-folders I have. I'm sure I will get used to it in time.

My distribution lists won't work anymore.

I often have to send e-mails out to large groups of people. I would make lists in excel because it was easy and the groups changed a lot.

Example

person1@sympatico.ca,

person2@sympatico.ca,

person3@sympatico.ca

I would have the e-mail in the 1st column and a comma in the second.

I could just highlight the cells that I wanted, copy, click in the BCC of my e-mail.

Then I would just use CTRL-V to paste them and after I hit the tab, it would parse them all out and pick up the correct user names from my contact list.

This works in Hotmail and GMail, but is no longer works in Bell's Web Mail. When I do the cut and paste it takes the first name in the list and drops all of the rest.

As the lists change a lot, the spreadsheet approach worked well. I don't want to have to spend hours building formal distribution list. I couldn't even find a way to do that.

Help!!!!!!!