New Webmail - Format and Feature Issues

paintinglady
Contributor II

I am trying to get used to the new email format. I love some of the changes but am having difficulty with others.

When I click on the square box next to the subject line when I first open my email link it now automatically opens to the email. In the past, I could click on the square box for several emails(they wouldn't automatically open again) and I could move them all at once to a select file folder. Now I have to move each one individually which is very time consuming. Is there a step I am missing or is this just the new way and if it is can this be addressed in an update?

I also find the font size smaller than before. I am not sure if it is because of the font size or if the colour was changed on the font but it is now hard to differentiate between unopened emails and opened emails. Is there some way I can change the colour of the font and the size? I have looked into my email settings as well as my browser settings but I couldn't see anything. 

Would love any help anyone can give! Thank You

194 REPLIES 194

Hi there @iann 
Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community.
Are you still experiencing issues with your vertical view? To start, we would recommend clearing your browser history, cookies and cache. If this does not work are you able to test on an alternate browser to see if it remembers your view selection?
Can you also clarify which browser you are using and how you are accessing your Bell mail?
Are you able to share what PC you have?
Looking forward to hearing back.

John-Davidson,

Can you please advise how I can set a default font style and size for Webmail. I cannot find a setting anywhere. It is interesting that I can set a default font and size when I setup my signature, but not for composing new messages. The only option I see is HTML or not. If I want a change, I have to modify for every email I send.

I am using desktop Chrome Version 121.0.6167.86 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Win11

There is no setting that allows you to change the default font size for Webmail. You can only change these settings when you are composing a new message. Webmail does not have all of the bells, whistles & options that are available in an email client such Outlook, etc.

Thank you reaching to the Bell Community Forum.

Take care.

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

roberto 35
Contributor

you can only change the format in the email you're sending so you need to do it every time.  on the outgoing email look at the taskbar there should be 4 capital A's one if for the font, one for size, one is for colour and the 4th is for background as in highlighting.  Unfortunately, you can't do it permanently.  hope this helps.

I don't like the NEW Sympatico Web-mail.  Why can't we just keep it simple.  

I find myself having to remember more passwords and more aggravation trying to  set myself up in Outlook.  I don't understand why I have to combine these with outlook.  I am by no means a computer person!