New Webmail - Mail Filters and Folders Not Working Correctly

Raz
Contributor

Why don't the mail filters work on the new email format? More specifically, why does the customer support staff and managers on the CHAT line know about this issue? I spent over 2 hours with those on the CHAT line who were not aware how to resolve the issue. When I called technical support, they said it is a known issue with the new interface.

90 REPLIES 90

Steve
Contributor

Email filter not working nor have not worked correctly since the update

I use if from--   " is  "   email address   

Freddie
Contributor

I cannot edit my safe senders or blocked senders lists for my sympatico email. What's the problem?

BLU
Contributor

After the recent webmail update there were several glitches that seemed to work themselves out (my experience) except for one catastrophic one. The update seems to have wiped out all of my emails from August 2016 to the beginning of January 2022. I noticed this about 3 weeks ago when looking for my flight itinerary and rental car contract that I booked in September 2021. Level 1 tech support acknowledged that this is an issue caused by the update and initially said the s-net team is trying to resolve the issue. After 3 weeks and several calls with tech support they finally acknowledged today that the s-net team said there is no way of retrieving the emails and they are deleted permanently. I'm still trying to digest this because this is 5 1/2 years of my personal emails that are gone because of Bell incompetence. How could this happen? Anyone else experience this?

This is driving me crazy!

It used to be rather easy to move an email from the Inbox into a folder or a subfolder underneath that folder.

Now I find that it can take me 4-5 tries before I successfully am able to move the email into the correct folder or subfolder, because those darn arrows (>) collapse ALL the time, making me start over or, worse than that, go hunting to find out where (which folder or subfolder) I accidentally "dropped" the email by accident!!

Bell, there has GOT TO BE an easier, faster, LESS FRUSTRATING, way of moving an email into its rightful folder! I HATE wasting time trying over and over again to move the email WITHOUT my folder structure (that I've created over the years and is extensive) without those "submenus" collapsing before I've selected the folder or subfolder I am seeking - AND, trying to "find" an email that I've dropped somewhere BEFORE reaching the intended folder/subfolder is a TOTAL WASTE OF TIME!

I agree completely. So frustrating.  Also very frustrating is finding the messages from the same sender are going to junk even though I've had them on my safe senders list for weeks.  Why does incoming mail not check the safe and blocked senders lists before going to my inbox????  

Pen2022
Contributor

Hey all, I see on the forum a number of questions about not being able to access the "folder" drop down to move emails into individual folders. But, I cannot find if there was a fix for it ? Any new information on this ? Thx.

Pipes
Bell Employee

I received a notification today regarding the new webmail even though I've already been using it for a few weeks. Once I clicked the "GOT IT", I found all seemed to be reset, including all my history and folders. Although my inbox had old emails from 2020/21 which were flagged as unread. I deleted all of them and found my other folders were gone as were my recent emails which were previously in my inbox. Even my "sent" folder was bad as only had a couple of emails from last year in it.

Is this going to be fixed and get my emails back? I had a lot of important information which I cannot lose.

I am a Bell employee and a customer. My views on the Community Forum are my own and may not be the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

Pipes
Bell Employee

I found out I'm no longer even receiving emails on the Chrome browser. Checked on 2 different PCs. It seems to be working on my phone app though so there should be hope that my data isn't actually lost. 

I am a Bell employee and a customer. My views on the Community Forum are my own and may not be the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

Pipes
Bell Employee

Resolved. For some reason, my browser was logging me into another one of my accounts. One I rarely use. All good.

It,s taken about 6 weeks for Bell techs to solve my email problems.Since then I have been getting an amount of spam that I was not getting before such as fakes from Canada Post and even fake Bell Canada  Email System requesting additional information.Beware of these happenings,