Contributor

IMG_3477.jpeg

 This must be a scam!  My hardware and software is definitely good enough

2 helpful replies

Accepted Solutions

BellDRock
Community Manager

Hello,

I can confirm this is a legitimate email communication. 

As of April 30th 2024 minimum system requirements for browsers, desktop and mobile operating systems will be required in order to continue sending and receiving emails from your bell.net or sympatico.ca email addresses.

You can check out Bell.ca/webbrowsersOpens in a new tab or window for complete details. 

Thank you!

View reply in original post

BellDRock
Community Manager

Hello everyone and thank you for sharing your feedback.

Those who received an email communication were identified as having accessed their Bell email from one or more devices that did not meet minimum system requirements coming into effect on April 30th, 2024. However, Bell cannot identify the exact email client, web browser, operating system or device that was used.

If your device(s), web browser and/or operating system(s) meet or exceed minimum system requirements or if you have since updated your device(s), web browser and/or operating system(s); no further action is required your part.

Please be advised, Customer Care cannot provide instructions on how to update various email clients, operating systems or browsers.  Alternatively, you can check out Bell Tech ExpertOpens in a new tab or window should you need assistance updating your computer’s operating system and/or browser.

View reply in original post

37 REPLIES 37

MJJ1969
Contributor

I received the following message from Bell --

"Our records indicate that you are accessing your Bell email from a device with an older browser or operating system, which doesn’t support current security protocols. Please note that as of April 30, 2024, in order to continue sending and receiving emails from your Bell address, your device will have to meet minimum system requirements. Click below to learn more."

I clicked there and checked the requirements.  I meet them all.  So why did I get this email?  What do I do if I get cut off, since I don't know what to "fix"?

I also received this email.  I called Bell, they believe it’s Spam and told me not to hit any links in that email

I got the same e-mail - couldn't find if this was legit or not.

I also received the same email, in all email accounts. 

This email was sent to .......
From The Bell Companies’ Corporate Secretary’s Office
1 carrefour Alexander-Graham-Bell, Building A-7,
Verdun, Québec, H3E 3B3. 1 866 301-1942

BellDRock
Community Manager

Hello,

I can confirm this is a legitimate email communication. 

As of April 30th 2024 minimum system requirements for browsers, desktop and mobile operating systems will be required in order to continue sending and receiving emails from your bell.net or sympatico.ca email addresses.

You can check out Bell.ca/webbrowsersOpens in a new tab or window for complete details. 

Thank you!

Do you know why it is being sent to people who meet all the requirements?  Are they possibly looking at old log ins?  

I received this email as well.  If this is a legitimate email according to the Bell Community Manager, then there could be a problem with this notification as many people appear to meet all the requirements listed by Bell, just like myself.  Perhaps Bell has not fully disclosed the list of software requirements?  Is a user's email software (e.g. MS Outlook) a factor?

BGLEV
Contributor II

Could be. I am trying to get an answer from bell but the customer service agents don’t seem to know at this  point 

This is odd….the linked article states iOS 5 to 11….these are out of date!!!! Do you not yet accept iOS 17+????  Is that why I received this email?