Bell prepaid Visa card expired

AlbertSantiago
Contributor

Hi, last year when I signed up for Bell services, I received and activated my bell $150 Visa prepaid card. I had misplaced my card and just found it recently. Unfortunately, the card had expired on 12/22. The customer service said there's nothing they can do about it. Is there any recourse for me to recover my expired card.  Thank you.

1 helpful reply

Accepted Solutions

BellPatricia

Hi there @AlbertSantiago, thanks for your post and welcome to the Bell Community.

Unfortunately funds are no longer available once the Gift Card expires.

Let the Community know if you have any other questions.
- Patricia

View reply in original post

10 REPLIES 10

BellPatricia

Hi there @AlbertSantiago, thanks for your post and welcome to the Bell Community.

Unfortunately funds are no longer available once the Gift Card expires.

Let the Community know if you have any other questions.
- Patricia

I just located my Bell Visa gift card that has an expiry date of 10/23. I called the phone number at the back of the card and was told by the person at Trucash that I have a $100.00 balance in the account, but they are no longer associated with Bell anymore. The person asked me to contact Bell directly at giftcardoffer@bell.ca to get a replacement card. Can you please tell me how I can get a replacement gift card?

Is a Bell Prepaid Visa card valid thru to the end of the expiry month as indicated?

WelshTerrier
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

Yes

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

Why is there an expiration on the card? Who gets the money after the expiration? If you handed out cash, it would never expire. 

WelshTerrier
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

The terms and conditions of gift cards often state that the funds on the card are non-refundable and that the card expires after a certain period. If the funds are not used by the gift card holder, I can only surmise that the remaining funds would be credited back to the company that arranged for the gift card at some point in time after the gift card expiry date.

It's important to check all the terms and conditions on the card when you receive  it, including options, if any, for the specific gift card prior to reaching the expiry date

Some gift cards may also have features such as automatic renewal or reload options, which can extend the usability of the card beyond its initial expiration date.

Thank you for reaching out to the Bell Community Forum.

Take care

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

AlexS
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

That's just how cards work, no matter it's visa, gift card or transit.

Hi my bell my prepaid Center card is expired and I have unused balance in the card . Please me how can I get new card with remaining balance.

thank you 

My Bell prepaid card expires in less than 2hrs. I checked the FAQs and it should be valid until midnight on the last day of the month printed on the card (which in my case is 04/24). I was unable to use it as a payment method on Starbucks nor Amazon.ca because presumably, they are looking for a date beyond the current month even though I'm only interested in using it as a payment method on checkout now, not add to my account.

However, I made a purchase on well.ca and it was accepted.