How do I Fast forward and Rewind stuff that I view onDemand?

BobGohd
Contributor III

How do I Fast forward and Rewind stuff that I view onDemand?   There doesn't even seem to be a Fast Forward button at all.

2 helpful replies

Accepted Solutions

BobGohd
Contributor III

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of onDemand content.  What if I'm half way through a show, stop and comeback?  I don't want to watch the whole thing again.   What if I rewind to check something, and then want to go back? 

I really hate having to set up and record everything, just so I can watch it later (especially when channels decide to move the schedule around).  I was really hoping Bell onDemand would resolve some of this.

How does Bell expect to compete with the likes of Netflix and Dazn, if they only sort of implement these modern features?  

View reply in original post

BobGohd
Contributor III

I just stopped using the onDemand content, I figure since I've paid for the content once, there's no harm in just torrenting it. It's pointless without FF and Rewind. I don't mind watching a couple of commercials, but I still need to fast forward the content to get back to where I left off.  

View reply in original post

37 REPLIES 37

BellKelsey
Retired Moderator

Thanks for reaching out about this feature concern. Unfortunately, the fast-forward option is not available for the on demand section. 

BobGohd
Contributor III

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of onDemand content.  What if I'm half way through a show, stop and comeback?  I don't want to watch the whole thing again.   What if I rewind to check something, and then want to go back? 

I really hate having to set up and record everything, just so I can watch it later (especially when channels decide to move the schedule around).  I was really hoping Bell onDemand would resolve some of this.

How does Bell expect to compete with the likes of Netflix and Dazn, if they only sort of implement these modern features?  

tech_junkie
Bell Employee

TV providers depend on their advertising during commericals. Streamer services do not. Even Rogers doesnt allow that with on demand content. At least there is only 1 or 2 commercials while viewing on demand content.

I am a Bell employee and a customer. My views on the Community Forum are my own and may not be the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

If I record something using the PVR then I can skip back and forward, including commercials. The only difference between PVR and OnDemand is everything is recorded and I don't have to go in and tell it to record. 

Either way, I should still be able to pick up where I left off, and not have to start the whole show over.

Hello all,

I was wondering if I’m doing something wrong because I can’t seem to rewind nor fast-forward  anything I watch on demand. I’m most interested in being able to use the rewind function. 

I refuse to believe that this is an actual choice Bell has made for their services. Please let me know if there are any recommendations to make these functions work. Thank you all in advance! 

BobGohd
Contributor III

I just stopped using the onDemand content, I figure since I've paid for the content once, there's no harm in just torrenting it. It's pointless without FF and Rewind. I don't mind watching a couple of commercials, but I still need to fast forward the content to get back to where I left off.  

Wandering
Contributor

Thanks so much for the prompt reply.

I’m really frustrated that fast forward is not available for On Demand shows. I was an hour into a show and paused it to take my dogs for a quick walk. When I came back it started from the beginning. AND it just happened AGAIN. I switched from Rogers and I only watch a few shows. If this keeps happening it’s enough to make me switch back. 

AlexS
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

For rewind on-demand shows: it’s allowed on all platforms outside the dvr.

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.