How to program remote to work with TV?

Rockstar8558
Contributor

I reprogrammed my new remote and now my TV won’t turn on.

47 REPLIES 47

Nash211
Regular Contributor

Does anyone know the remote code for a 2023 LG smart tv and a Sonos Bean Gen 2 soundbar. I would like to program the 9400 receiver remote to control the sound

Hi there @Stuartmac 
Thank you for your post.
Are you able to clarify further what it is that you are doing and the issue that you're experiencing?
Looking forward to hearing back.

Nash211
Regular Contributor

I got it figured out. If someone else is using the 9400 remote and need to program it for a Sonos Beam 2 sound bar. Use the Sonos App under settings, living room, remote control setup, follow the prompts. You can only setup one remote, if you have more than one it will cancel out the other if you program a second remote. But it works for at least one.

Hi - I could not get the voice remote to work with my Samsung tv.  The voice simply wasn’t working- I would unpair and re-pair it with no luck.  I then replaced the HDMI cable and it now works! Whew.

Stumacp

My Slim remote is no longer link to my SONY Android TV, and no longer controls Volume and the ON/Off. It can only control.

Hey @PaulH

Welcome to the Bell Community 🙂

Can you please clarify what the Slim remote is still able to control (for example, just the receiver)?

A great first step is to switch your batteries, and test again. If your battery level is low than the remote may be unresponsive or slow.

If you continue to have trouble check out our support article How to program my Bell Fibe TV remote control that we linked to hereOpens in a new tab or window

Let the community know if you need anything else,

- Patricia 

Unfortunately after following all instructions in the Portal nothing seems to work. Slim remote still does not control the TV On/Off and the Volume,  However at the end of the setup process I did find the codes for my Sony Bravia TV just don't know how load them on my Bell Slim remote.  Also as an FYI I noticed the Bell receiver blue LED blinks continually when in the (Off) position.

WelshTerrier
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

Good Day.

Is this a new remote or are you reprogramming an existing remote to a new TV?

I have attached the a pdf guide for programming your Bell Slim Remote to your TV.

As a starting point, unplug your receiver & plug it back in after waiting 20 seconds. Then sim[ply follow these instructions.

Please ensure that your batteries are not using weak & old. If so, change them before you begin.

Slim Remote Programming | Bell TV

If after completing all of these steps & you are still experiencing remote issues, then you may need to order a replacement remote control.

If you require a new remote control, you can purchase one from Bell at this web link:

Remotes | Fibe TV | Bell Canada

Thank you for reaching out to the Bell Community Forum.

Take care.

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.