Missing US channels

Turtledove
Contributor II

There was an update today (apr 23 2024) and there were no US channels. I couldnt watch TMZ or Family Feud.  The channels are not even listed on the package list. 

112 REPLIES 112

Bell added the $3 US CHANNELS package and removed them from the STANDARD package.  Their billing and features are all controlled by feature codes that get added or deleted to an account.  When they activated the programming change, they didn't deal with any grandfather conditions, so we all lost US channels until we added the $3 package.  Looks like they will fix this for us.  I'm on ALT TV Standard package (IP streaming through a Fire TV stick).  The original reason for the "cheap" or basic entry level streaming TV package was to provide for stations that would be available over-the-air with a good TV antenna.  CRTC allowed many terrestrial TV broadcast stations to be turned down, meaning that the population needed an alternate way to view basic TV.  In the GTA, this includes the USA channels from Buffalo that are visible with a decent, outdoor antenna.    

Awillm
Contributor II

Same here. Checked past bills. No notification. We have a clear view of the CN tower and a receiver … we have this service specifically to get the U.S. channels. Totally abusive to their customers and I can assure you they don’t care. Get the same with Rogers.

And just like that Bell Canada removes the US Networks (NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX, PBS) from your package while you continue to pay the same monthly fee.  If you want the US Networks back you have to do an add-on at $3.00/month. I am sure there will be increases in the near future. Try calling Customer Service and your line will be conveniently cut. Bell Chat will try to answer you in circles. 

Bell suddenly dropped some American channels from my subscription without prior and/ or advance notification…..I cannot get through to anyone at BELL for clarification .

Anyone have a physical email address for someone in customer service , preferably someone in an authority level rather than a first line support?

Was the $3 Additional charge for all US channels dropped …as I’m gleaning that BELL wants a $3 charge per each channel added back in rather than a package deal for several channels.

Hi Patricia 

Will there be a communication sent to all existing customers with an update about when these missing US channels will be reinstated?

I am not seeing any messages on my avatar.

Thanks

Lina

davehu
Contributor

I just want to echo that I'm having the same problem. Channels like NBC and ABC were working fine a couple days ago, but now I get an error that I'm not subscribed. I didn't make any changes to my programming.

Did anyone find a resolution to this issue?

Been a loyal Bell customer for probably 40 years.  My bill just goes up month after month and now we get less for our hard earned cash to boot.  Feel like I am being duped. Maybe it’s time to shop around and see if another company respects a loyal customer more.

Turtledove
Contributor II

Update. I got all my US channels back. From what I read, all previous members should have their US channels reinstated. The US channels are not included for new customers. If you don't have access to the channels, please contact by Tech support and they'll hook you up.

Unfortunately this wasn't my experience. I chatted with tech support and they told me the only way to get them back was to pay extra for them. This is particularly frustrating considering they were previously included in my package and we were given no warning that the package was changing. I would have hoped to continue to get these channels. The main reason I have Bell is to watch NBC and ABC and it feels ridiculous that these channels aren't in either my Basic or Premium bundle of channels. Very disappointed.