No dial tone on Home phone

Ladyb
Contributor

How do I get a dial tone?  We have it plugged into the modem at tel1

37 REPLIES 37

BellPatricia

Hey @Ladyb,
Welcome to the Bell Community, and thanks for your post.
The Community needs some more information in order to assist.
Do you have Fibe Home Phone service, or are you using copper home phone? Do you hear any noise on the line at all?
What type of phone set do you have, and have you tested a different phone?
Is it a newly installed service, or has the home phone been working well up until now?
If you are using Fibe Home Phone, is there an error message showing on the modem when you plug the home phone in?
We hope to hear from you soon.
- Patricia

Home phone...no dial tone

Good evening @anniegee,

Welcome to the Bell Community, and thank you for your post.

We wanted to check in to see if you're still having trouble with your Home Phone service.

If you are, can you please share more information with the Community as per our questions above?

Hope to hear back from you soon.

- Patricia

Not sure if it is Fibe Home Service or copper home phone.  How can I tell?  OUr phone set is 4 portable phones from Panasonic.  The phone is not newly installed and has been working well up until now.  There is no error message on the phone.

WelshTerrier
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

Do you have a modem? Black or white in colour? Do you have Bell TV?  Fibe? Do you have Internet? If you answered yes to any of these or all of these & you have a MyBell account...... then I would say "Could be? Should be? & probably is on Bell fiber!

With Bell Home phone, it does not matter, it needs to work for you!. If it is on Fibre or copper so be it!

If you have these services, lets reboot all of the equipment from Bell that you have. Unplug your modem if you have one. Wait 20-30 seconds  until all of the lights stop flashing. Try you telephones, if it works, great, if not, try unplugging your telephones, check your cords, re-plug everything bank in. Listen for dial tone & failing all of the above, please call Bell Home phone tech support. They will graciously help you prove & test where the problem is.

Their number: 310-BELL or 1= 866-310-BELL

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

My home phone does not work since last week, though I have followed the instruction from bell's tech. sup

Good evening @030923,

Welcome to the Bell Community, and thank you for reaching out 🙂

Are you still having trouble with your Home Phone service? 

If you are, we invite you to try out the troubleshooting suggestions & share more information as per our questions in the above.

We're looking forward to your reply.

- Patricia

we have no dialtone and trying to find out if our line at the road isn't working again

Hi there @wacker 
Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community.
Are you able to share if you are on the copper line or the Fibe technology for your home phone?
Is your service still not receiving dial-tone?
Looking forward to hearing back.