Email display on iPad - View / White Screen

Juju5
Contributor II

The View button does not change the layout of my bell.net email display.
I can only see a column of folders on the left hand side of screen and a column of incoming emails right to the bottom of the right hand side of screen. When I select an email the font changes to be unbolded, but I cannot see the content/body of the email on my iPad. What could be causing this problem? I get this standard answer “On the Mail tab, select View in the upper right of the screen.” The problem is that the View does not work for me. Can anyone help?

Same thing is happening on my sympatico.ca email display.

2 helpful replies

Accepted Solutions

Good afternoon everyone, and thank you for taking the time to reach out to the Bell Community 🙂

We have escalated this to the proper team, and they are examining the issue further. As soon as we have any news we will update you here.

In the meantime we recommend loading the tablet version of the Bell email website, using the steps below:

Go to Settings on your iPad > Safari > Request Desktop Website > All Websites > Turn OFF.

- Patricia

View reply in original post

Good afternoon everyone 🙂

We have confirmed with our email team that they've resolved the white screen error that some users were seeing.

Instead of using the View setting button on the iPhone/iPad the default view is set to vertical so message content can be seen.

Please let the Community know if you have any other trouble.

- Patricia 

View reply in original post

39 REPLIES 39

Luddite
Contributor

Sympatico email “flashes” on quickly then goes to white screen plus despite password change won’t let me access it

BellPatricia

Hi there @Juju5,

Welcome to the Bell Community, and thank you for reaching out.

Can you share a photo of what you see (please be sure to hide any personal information)

What type of browser are you using to access your Bell email account? If possible, please try using an alternate browser/device to see if the same thing happens.

Is the iPad being held with the screen vertical or horizontal, and can you test both ways to see if you notice any difference?

Looking forward to your reply,

- Patricia

Felix100
Contributor II

Having EXACTLY the same problem on both my spouses and my ipad with safari as of Monday of this week. It only works on a PC.  Something has changed on YOUR end over the past weekend.

Mine is having the same issueIMG_0067.png

Hi Patricia,

I am having the same problem as Juju5 and Felix100 and I also have a iPad.  Also I am having difficulty seeing my Web email on Safari browser, I login and the screen comes up white blank after refreshing many times I finally can view the email page and this has been happening for the past week also just like  Felix100. Thought it was a problem with my iPad but I see I am not alone with this problem so I believe it is a Bell issue.  Please fix the issue, viewing my email has become a real hassle.

Hi Patricia,

IMG_0249.jpeg

Hi Patricia,

My browser is Safari. I don’t have another browser on my iPad.

Using another device, will not solve the problem on my iPad.

When I turn the entire iPad to either horizontal or vertical makes no difference to how the emails display.

The View button that would normally change how emails display does not function. In other words, when I click on View and select horizontal, the display doesn’t change (it stays at List). When I click on View and select horizontal, the display doesn’t change (display remains at List).

Can you see the picture I uploaded? Patricia, I really need to be able to see the content of emails in the normal way. Currently I’m using a “trick” to view email content. I select an incoming message and click on Forward, read the contents, click to close the “forwarded” message. As you might imagine, this is very cumbersome, time consuming and quite frustrating.

As you can see, there are several other users having the same problem.

My spouse informed me to install Chrome and connect to webmail.  BTW it is obviously a bell issue. They made some changes last week and obviously didn't test it thoroughly with Safari before going live.

Good afternoon everyone, and thank you for taking the time to reach out to the Bell Community 🙂

We have escalated this to the proper team, and they are examining the issue further. As soon as we have any news we will update you here.

In the meantime we recommend loading the tablet version of the Bell email website, using the steps below:

Go to Settings on your iPad > Safari > Request Desktop Website > All Websites > Turn OFF.

- Patricia