Email password issues - Invalid Credentials

candurwy
Contributor II

When I try to login to my Fibe Bell email, I am most times blocked with the message "you have entered invalid credentials", even though my user name and password are correct.  This happens almost every time on any of the three notebook computers in the house. Two are Win 10 and one Win 11.  None run in S mode. Strangely it does not happen on my desktop, also Win 10.  It happens using either the Chrome or Edge browser.  I have twice changed the password but that does not help.  Before the recent email changes, the message was "You are locked out for 10 minutes."

Usually after a 10 or so minute wail, I can login.  Recently the wait times seem to be getting longer, today reaching close to 30 minutes without being able to connect.

A while back I called Bell Support and was told  Bell email was working correctly and I should change my password and clear the cache.  That did not help.  I thought it was a glitch in my several years old laptop, but I recently bought a new Win 11 which does exactly the same.

Any ideas?

85 REPLIES 85

7up
Contributor

Can't login to my email account. Kept showing invalid credentials. Changed the password and problem still showing invalid credentials. 

WelshTerrier
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

Thank you for posting in the Bell Community.

Please check out this helpful reply.

Be sure to follow each step, including logging out of all sessions on all devices after you have modified your password which helps prevent log in issues such as what you've described.

Let the Community know if you continue to have any trouble.

Take care.

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

I have not been able to log in to my sympatico email via bell.ca despite inputting the correct email and password. The message that pops up states incorrect credentials. Unfortunately, I am not able to access online chat for support as it is after1000pm on a Saturday.  Does anyone have any tips, suggestions? Unfortunately, I am not able to access my email on my mobile or my laptop. 

Thank you in advance

WelshTerrier
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

Is this a recent log in issue? Which device are you using to login to Bell webmail? Are you using a computer? Which operating system? Here are a few suggestions to have look at:

1. Is your computer  / device up to date?
  2. Have you powered off & rebooted your device?
  3. Have you checked & cleared your cache, cookies & history?
  4. Are you logged in to your email account on more than one device?
  5. Have you tried logging in to your email from a different browser?
  6.  Have you previously saved your password? If so, clear & enter this once again.
  7. Keyboard Caps Lock on?

Using Bell email : Software requirements for Bell email

Let me know if you still require assistance..

Thank you contacting the Bell Community Forum.

Take care.

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

Cannot respond to "correct credentials needed.

Asked for an emailaddrees that I do not have.

Hi @torodad,

Thank you for reaching out to the Bell Community.

You can easily reset your Bell email password right in MyBell. For a step by step please check out this article on our website: How to reset my Bell email passwordOpens in a new tab or window .

Let the Community know if you have any other questions.

- Patricia