Gigahub and IPv6

SteveD
Contributor

In early October I switched from a third party internet provider that was using Bell’s copper lines to Fibe 3.0. When I made that switch I had issues with a lot of devices on my network, I used my own router using PPPoE pass through, so other than a change in external IP, things remained the same internally. I realized that I wasn’t getting an IPv6 address as part of the connection. 

i bypassed my equipment and connected directly to the Gigahub and couldn’t find any hint of configuration for IPv6 and my laptop wasn’t getting an IPv6 address. 

I called support ad the tech that I spoke to indicated that the next version of the firmware for the Gigahub would support IPv6 and I wanted to get an update. Do we have an ETA for IPv6 on the Gigahub?

23 REPLIES 23

It is hard to believe that IPv6 is still not supported in the world of IoT.

I understand from the forums that ipv6 is not currently available for residential lines. With more and more services requiring ipv6, I assume there is some plan in place to fix this.

Can you share anything about when we can expect to have ipv6 support? I'm surprised that this is still not a thing.

Vanadiel
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

I am thinking, maybe PPPOE is holding it up. I could be wrong, since it is possible to do IP6 using PPPOE. 

However, it might require some upgrades we are not aware off.

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

dks
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

Bell does not generally share or announce system upgrade timelines. I know the question has been asked before in other forums. There has never been an answer from Bell. Some day it may be noticed by someone.  

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.