New Webmail - Format and Feature Issues

paintinglady
Contributor II

I am trying to get used to the new email format. I love some of the changes but am having difficulty with others.

When I click on the square box next to the subject line when I first open my email link it now automatically opens to the email. In the past, I could click on the square box for several emails(they wouldn't automatically open again) and I could move them all at once to a select file folder. Now I have to move each one individually which is very time consuming. Is there a step I am missing or is this just the new way and if it is can this be addressed in an update?

I also find the font size smaller than before. I am not sure if it is because of the font size or if the colour was changed on the font but it is now hard to differentiate between unopened emails and opened emails. Is there some way I can change the colour of the font and the size? I have looked into my email settings as well as my browser settings but I couldn't see anything. 

Would love any help anyone can give! Thank You

194 REPLIES 194

Thank you for taking time to provide your feedback, it's greatly appreciated.

This has been shared with the developer team to investigate.

I am a former Bell employee and a customer. My views on the Community Forum are my own and may not be the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

One of my accounts email address was recently moved to the new platform and that account stopped receiving forwarded emails from my other accounts email addresses. Is this a known issue?

I lost 2 weeks worth of emails from one account which was not set to keep a copy. Have others experienced this loss?

Is there other known issues with Bell’s current email platform upgrade?

Thank you for your feedback, I'm sorry to hear you've had some difficulties with your accounts. This has been shared with the developer team and is being investigated.

I am a former Bell employee and a customer. My views on the Community Forum are my own and may not be the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

Dee
Contributor III

Latest news - I can now open an email in a separate window if I click on it multiple times very fast. It shows up unformatted, then after about 20 seconds switches to a proper formatted email. It would be nice if I could switch back and forth between that window and the mail window. But no, I have to close the individual email window in order to get back into the mail window to find the information I need (which I do a lot because it doesn't believe in my email addresses), then open the individual email again (with multiple rapid clicks).

Sympatico has never been good on picking up email addresses. The same is happening with this version. It fails to recognize the addresses of people I've been emailing for over a decade. Which means I have to add them all in again, so I end up with multiple copies of the same person. Very laborious. It would have been nice to fix this.

The search function also sucks, as it always has. It would have been nice to fix this, too.

And my calendar still runs from noon to noon.

The recent update to Webmail has resulted in the loss of all my contact email addresses.  Apparently, this has happened to other individuals as well.  Has anyone found a method of restoring their lost contact information?

raven416
Contributor

Most of the new email format is fine and usable.  However, it is difficult to distinguish between the unread and read emails.  In the previous version (and on the mobile version), the unread emails were very bold, and easy to spot; in the new version, not so much.  How can this be corrected?  Is there a spot in settings to increase the difference in "boldness"?  

Thank you for providing your feedback, it's very helpful. For the items you mentioned:

1. Opening an email in a separate window - can you confirm the device, operating system, browser and browser version you are using? What you are experiencing is not expected behavior and the team has not been able to reproduce it.
  2. Populating email addresses - can you provide a bit more detail? I think what you're explaining is when you are composing an email and you start to type the email address of the contact you want to add - it will detect contacts with those first few letters and a drop down will appear where you can add them. Is that what you are referencing or a different section?
  3. Search -  Search has been updated to give users more search options to refine their search, but it sounds like something isn't working right for you. Can you provide more details on what isn't working as expected?
  4. Calendar running noon to noon - this is under investigation and is expected to be fixed

Thank you for providing your feedback, it's very valuable.

Can you confirm if you are still seeing this issue? I know the team had been investigating this and working on a fix.

If it hasn't been fixed yet, there is a workaround you can try (the contacts are not actually 'lost' but there is a glitch causing them not to load). In the contacts section, if you hit the 'refresh' icon within the webmail UI (not the browser refresh), it should correct the glitch and load your contacts.

JohnDavidson_0-1639683255299.png

Thank you for your feedback.

Both the old and new webmail use the same size, font, and bold on unread messages. However on the old webmail, it used to also have a blue 'envelope' icon next to the unread messages which made it more clear. We are investigating if we can bring this back.

Hi John...

Thanks for asking. Here are my notes:

1. Opening an email in a separate window. My operating system is Windows and my browser is Google Chrome. All software is up to date, as far as I can tell. I have the same problems with my laptop and desktop. As I mentioned, I can now open an email with multiple clicks (5+) and then it takes about 10-20 seconds to switch from raw text to formatted. Just in the last day or so I've found that I can minimize the email window so that I can work on the main email screen. So that's much better -- although the multiple clicks aren't doing my arthritis any good 😉
  2. Populating email addresses - I type in a person's name or email address and all sorts of similar names/addresses come up -- but not the one I want, even if I type in the full name/address. So then I have to create a new contact. Then I discover that I already have that contact in my contacts list (sometimes several contact listings), even though Sympatico wouldn't populate it. This happened all the time on the old format. And it's happening just as often if not more with the new format.  
  3. Search -  I do appreciate the return to the old Outlook feature where you can sort by date, from, etc. That's a big help. But when it comes to searching by a specific subject or name or whatever, Sympatico can't find it. I haven't been able to find any pattern to these failures (e.g. finds names but not subjects). I usually do searches on my iPhone, where it works much, much better.
  4. Calendar running noon to noon - I switched my calendar to 24 hour as opposed to 12/12 and that works... Uh-oh. I just checked and my calendar now starts at 12, 13, 14. So still not working, no matter how I set it. My calendar on my iPhone works fine.

Good luck with getting this stuff solved, and thanks for your interest.