New Webmail - Format and Feature Issues

paintinglady
Contributor II

I am trying to get used to the new email format. I love some of the changes but am having difficulty with others.

When I click on the square box next to the subject line when I first open my email link it now automatically opens to the email. In the past, I could click on the square box for several emails(they wouldn't automatically open again) and I could move them all at once to a select file folder. Now I have to move each one individually which is very time consuming. Is there a step I am missing or is this just the new way and if it is can this be addressed in an update?

I also find the font size smaller than before. I am not sure if it is because of the font size or if the colour was changed on the font but it is now hard to differentiate between unopened emails and opened emails. Is there some way I can change the colour of the font and the size? I have looked into my email settings as well as my browser settings but I couldn't see anything. 

Would love any help anyone can give! Thank You

194 REPLIES 194

Dee
Contributor III

Yes, I'm still having that problem. Plus lots of other calendar malfunctions. A typical reminder in my email has a subject line like this: "Reminder: Calendar reminder at Mon Jan 17, 2022 15:30:29 - 16:00:29 America/Toronto" which is, of course, no help at all -- a reminder that I have a reminder. No mention of what it's about and when it's happening. Plus, it's a reminder for something that's happening in March, with a one week advance alert. So why am I getting it now?

Personally, I'd like to have fewer alerts from this forum and more indication that the problems are actually being fixed. I'm gradually detaching myself from Bell and looking forward to the day when I am totally free.

Dee
Contributor III

Not working for me either. Although I have a new iPhone so that may have something to do with it. I will see if Apple can help. They often can provide solutions to problems. A concept that appears to be foreign to Bell.

Dee
Contributor III

In case you haven't discovered this yet.... I'm now finding that I can click the small square box at the top of the Inbox, just to the left of "From," and it will select all the emails visible on the screen, which can then be deleted. So combine that with selecting the "From" option for viewing your emails, and you can get rid of quite a lot at a time. But combine it with the constant gapping in the connection and it still takes quite a while 😉 

Mavis
Contributor II

Agree 100%.  I kept my Bell mail for a long time because I liked how it worked.  Now I just want rid of it.

John_G
Contributor

There are numerous changes in the interface that are problematic.  I won't call them improvements, because they are not - either that or they are buried someplace that I dont think to look.

1. Where is the options to forward e-mails as attachments, rather than in-line? Many spam-reporting addresses require the spam message to be an attachment, but there is nothing in Settings to do this.
  2. When searching for e-mails, there is no option to search the body of the messages.  This is ridiculous - many times what I am searching for is very unlikely to be in the subject line, and I usually know who the sender is anyway.  This omission should be fixed.
  3. THIS IS THE BIG PROBLEM:  I regularly report spam to Spamcop, and when possible, to companies whose sites were spoofed.  In the old webmail, this worked fine - I selected View Source, submitted the source text to Spamcop, and reports were generated.  Now, Bell has messed up the View Source bit so the e-mail headers are incomplete or badly formatted so that Spamcop can't do anything with them.  Surely if Bell is as interested in fighting spam and phishing as the most us are, they would have kep the View Source working properly.

Does anyone know if there any fixes or work-arounds to these issues?

Thanks

I have the same problem! Am not impressed with the new format. Had all kinds of issues. Talked with Bell Tech support on this and they did not know of the problem or how to fix it. You’d think Bell would have done more testing before just imposing it on customers.

Tried your suggested work around. Doesn’t work. Am totally ticked and frustrated with the new format. Had to contact Bell tech support several times today to try and solve issues with the new format. Most of them were unaware of the issues and could not help solve the problems. Bell should have done more pre-release testing and not automatically updated the customer’s software without their approval. Now am stuck having to re-enter my contacts!! Bell should be compensating customers for the pain and effort this is causing. Makes me seriously consider switching away from Bell.

In Bell's recently updated  email look, I prefer the vertical view.   However, about 80% of the time the "new" system changes things to one of the other two options.

How can I fix the look to stay in vertical?

Dee
Contributor III

If some are listed under CC or BC you have to actually click on those to see them.

I sometimes find that if I expand the email I'm working on I'm able to minimize it and get into the rest of the mail.