Bell email address - from old account to new

BeardedOne
Contributor

I have an email account (sympatico.ca) under previous Bell account. The ex has taken over that Bell account. I have a new Bell account. How can I get the sympatico.ca account from my old Bell account put under my new Bell account? 

24 REPLIES 24

Lived in area for over 30 years and had Bell internet and Bell email address .Moved to area that doesn’t have Bell internet. Any way to keep sympatico email address?

Hi there @Noone. Thanks for your post and welcome to the Bell Community. 

It may be possible to request a transfer of your Bell email address to another active Internet account when you cancel. If the account that you wish to transfer your email address to is under someone else's name you will both need to give permission for the email transfer to be done. 

Let the Community know if you have any other questions.

- Patricia

I have had a Bell email address for about 15 years, but if I cancel my Bell internet, can I access my bell email or is it in never land??

My husband and I have two different accounts because he had a business at home. At some point, the internet was on my account and when he ordered a better internet package, the installing technician told us that they couldn't run two lines at our home so I had to close my internet account to accommodate his. My bell email address was transferred to his account by an agent on the phone.

Now he's cancelling his business internet account and I'm trying to transfer back my email to my internet account. I'm getting conflicting information from different Bell agents and I'd like to talk to someone who knows what they are talking about and can help me.

1- one agent told me that transfers of emails from one account to another are impossible. Clearly they are not because I've done it before. He refused to help me further, basically implying that the transfer had never occurred and I'm messed up.

2- another agent told me that I don't have to worry because my email was always attached to my account and never transferred to my husband's account despite the fact that I had cancelled my internet service. According to him, the email remained good because I had kept a home phone on my account. Having one service was sufficient to keep my email. This information conflicts with every other information I have a) because I was clearly told that my email was transferred to my husband's internet service, and b) because I was repeatedly told that closing an internet account closes the bell email. 

Who is right? Maybe they are both wrong. I want my email address secured and transferred to my account. Thanks

I recently purchased a new IPhone … I’ve had the same Bell email address for years! 
At the same time of my purchased I was put on my families business account as well, they (my son & husband) are with Bell . 

my delimma seem to start when we changed from Bell to Rogers in our home - for our TV, Internet & land line.   I DID NOT change my cell to Rogers as I was told I would not be able to keep my Bell email…. which I very much want too!!  ( I have several file folders in my Bell email) I’m very frustrated as to why I don’t seem to be able to get an answer as to ‘where’  ‘why’  or ‘how’  I can retrieve my ORIGINAL Bell email address??? 
I’ve been to the Bell store spoke to 3 different associates - I’ve been to the Apple IPhone store who sent me back to Bell store. 
I’m going crazy!  Can you PLEASE HELP ! 

Amy
Contributor

Hi; 

My emails was canceled with my old account, now a new account is active, so  is it possible to get the email accounts which are with sympatico.ca back ?

Regards

WelshTerrier
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

Unfortunately your old account can not be reactivated. Once an account is closed & there were email addresses associated with it, the email account cannot be activated. Any folders or emails left over in the closed account are deleted & can not be recovered.

Bell no longer offers free email accounts & addresses.  If you require an email address, you will need to obtain one from an outside supplier such as Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, Mail, etc.

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

Hello,

I need to transfer an old sympatico.ca email address to a new account under tge same name. The old account had tobe cancelled and new one was activated at a different address. This email address is of utmost importance for me to retain. How can I proceed in this matter? 

WelshTerrier
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

Bell no longer provides email addresses. If you have one, you are able to continue to use it as long as it is on an active account. If you delete it or wish to change it to another email address, this can not be done. You can no longer add a new Bell email address.

I do not know of any method of transferring an email address from one account to another. If the account is yours and it is active, it can be moved to a different physical residence just as long as it is still attached to the Internet or mobility account..

The only way to transfer messages from one Bell web email address to another is to forward them to the new email address.

As I mentioned in earlier in my reply, Bell no longer provides email addresses. If you need a new email address you would to obtain to one from an outside supplier such as Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, Mail, etc.

I wish I could offer you another alternative & solution to your problem, but I can not. If there is one, I am quite sure that another Bell Community Forum member will share it with us.

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

Thank you for your response. The internet was moved to a different address with a new account but I still have the old account active as it has Mobility lines attached to it. I read on the forum where other contributors have mentioned that as long as one has a land line or mobility attached with same account, we could keep the email address active.