Bill payments question - DRO?

Soul
Contributor

So i have had my account and have come to the end of my term and decided to keep my phone rather then trade it in and start over on a new contract. I get my bill abd my services are all paid up but the payment for my phone comes in and it's a extra 800$ on top of my services bill. There is no way to just keep making payments on that phone? I have to pay it all off at once? And my phone can be suspended because my phone is on the bill and not my services? I pay my services on time every time and put the extra towards my phone every time? Why should my services get cut off if I'm paying them on time because of the overdue amount........the overdue amount is my phone not my services.

1 helpful reply

Accepted Solutions

BellKris

Hi there @Soul.

Welcome to the Community.

It sounds like you had opted into our Device Return Option (DRO) when you first signed onto your agreement.

When you agree to DRO, you agree to have a portion of the cost of the phone deferred to the end of your term. The amount varies from phone to phone, but your options at the end of your term remain the same.

• Return the phone in undamaged, working condition to a Bell store.
  • Pay the DRO amount in full.

For more information, please take a look at our How To article What is Device Return Option?Opens in a new tab or window and support page on Device Return Option: when your agreement endsOpens in a new tab or window

View reply in original post

19 REPLIES 19

BellKris

Hi there @Soul.

Welcome to the Community.

It sounds like you had opted into our Device Return Option (DRO) when you first signed onto your agreement.

When you agree to DRO, you agree to have a portion of the cost of the phone deferred to the end of your term. The amount varies from phone to phone, but your options at the end of your term remain the same.

• Pay the DRO amount in full.

For more information, please take a look at our How To article What is Device Return Option?Opens in a new tab or window and support page on Device Return Option: when your agreement endsOpens in a new tab or window

DRO charge, is that the remaining amount on my cell phone. nice if they would have explained that!

I had a bell mobility phone that was contracted as device return option (DRO). When I went to return the phone, there was no record that my contract had DRO but I knew it was. The Bell Store accepted my phone, opened a support ticket with Bell Support and gave me written confirmation of the IMEI, it was returned in great condition, etc. About a mth later the full DRO fee was charged to my acct $600.xx even though it was returned. I called and spoke to so many people who promised to review the ticket # and ensure this was credited back. Still not done many months later. Is there anyone here that can help? or is there another toll free # I can call to have this addressed?

How do I get help to clear out my bell bill on a device that was sent back please 

I returned my phone as my contract was up.   I was offered to upgrade but would not receive the current plan and would have to pay $30 more a month.  Service was not great so I decided to end my contract.  I had the device return option.  I physically returned my phone in-store.  I cleared my phone and it was in great condition.  The employee commented on this.  I got my receipt and left.  A week later I called for status, asked when I did I return the phone. I answered and was told I should see the credit soon.   Called again the next week, and went through the same conversation.  Called again a week later and was told that it has to be inspected at the warehouse and once it's okay'd, I would see my credit.   3 weeks, they've had my phone...where is my credit?   I refuse to pay as it's still owing on my account.

What is DRO on bill?

What is deferred Amount Charge? please explain.

It sounds like you had opted into our Device Return Option when you first signed onto your contract.

• Pay the DRO in full.

For more information, please take a look at our How To article What is Device Return Option? and support page on Device Return Option: when your agreement ends

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

I received a DRO charge on my monthly bill but do not understand exactly what that is???