Bill proration

DH21
Contributor

Why isn’t me first bill prorated for the days I had the service instead of a full month?

3 helpful replies

Accepted Solutions

BellPatricia

Hi there @DH21. Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Bell family 🙂

All services are billed a month in advance. For example, if your account was activated on September 1st, and your bill is printed on the 7th, your first invoice will include charges from your installation date of September 1st - September 30th. 

For more details, we invite you to navigate on Bell.ca by clicking the following link; What does proration mean?Opens in a new tab or window

Let the Community know if you have any other questions. 

- Patricia

View reply in original post

Welcome to the Community @Mesbah.

That's correct, your first invoice will include a full months billing cycle starting from the day the service was activated.

Have a nice day 🙂

- Patricia

All services are billed a month in advance. For example, if your account was activated on September 1st, and your bill is printed on the 7th, your first invoice will include charges from your installation date of September 1st - September 30th. In addition to your regular monthly charges which are billed one month in advance, your bill will include charges for your usage, rate plan and features from the date you activated or if changes were made to your account. In your case, you mentioned the 20th was your billing. This date will remain the same each month as part of your monthly billing cycle.

I have attached a link to assist you in to better understand your first bill.

https://www.bell.ca/Styles/OneBill/BillInserts/en/invoice1_en.pdf

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

28 REPLIES 28

BellPatricia

Hi there @DH21. Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Bell family 🙂

All services are billed a month in advance. For example, if your account was activated on September 1st, and your bill is printed on the 7th, your first invoice will include charges from your installation date of September 1st - September 30th. 

For more details, we invite you to navigate on Bell.ca by clicking the following link; What does proration mean?Opens in a new tab or window

Let the Community know if you have any other questions. 

- Patricia

My internet was activated on February 22nd. I received bill on February 28th. The bill I amount was for full month. Shouldn't it be partial bill.

Although I already paid the bill, I need clarification on this regard. Was I billed for a full month while I just used the service for 6 days? Or am I missing something here?

In the bill, it's not very clear for which period that bill was for.

Is this reply applicable for the users who didn't start the service on the first day of the month? Things got confusing when first day of the month was used as an example.

Just to be sure, since my service started on 22nd February, will my billing period be February 22nd to March 21st? In that case, it's all clarified.

Welcome to the Community @Mesbah.

That's correct, your first invoice will include a full months billing cycle starting from the day the service was activated.

Have a nice day 🙂

- Patricia

Haven't had my phone or lines for a week and already have a bill due on the 20th? Why?

All services are billed a month in advance. For example, if your account was activated on September 1st, and your bill is printed on the 7th, your first invoice will include charges from your installation date of September 1st - September 30th. In addition to your regular monthly charges which are billed one month in advance, your bill will include charges for your usage, rate plan and features from the date you activated or if changes were made to your account. In your case, you mentioned the 20th was your billing. This date will remain the same each month as part of your monthly billing cycle.

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

Hello Bell Customer Service

Our Bell home internet service was activated on Saturday, June 24, 2023, and the bill below indicates that payment is due by July 14, 2023. Could you please provide us information regarding our billing cycle?

Thank you!

WelshTerrier
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

All services are billed a month in advance. For example, if your account was activated on September 1st, and your bill is printed on the 7th, your first invoice will include charges from your installation date of September 1st - September 30th. In addition to your regular monthly charges which are billed one month in advance, your bill will include charges for your usage, rate plan and features from the date you activated or if changes were made to your account. In your case, you mentioned the 14th was your billing. This date will remain the same each month as part of your monthly billing cycle. That means that your first bill could include charges for service for almost two months.

Your first bill will also include any service charges associated with the installation.

Your second and later bills will only include your regular monthly charges plus any fees or changes that you make to your service.

Hello guys I just got a bell sim last Friday and I got a text that I owe $88.11due on the 22 of august !!!! How is this possible as a new comer … Please I need answers …. Thank you 

I haven't been using the service for even a month, and I'm wondering why I've been billed for a full month's fee.

I move from rogers to bell oct 9. but I don't understand why bell charge 1month full fee?

let me know as soon as possible.