Bell 7802 Fibe TV Box - Unable to toggle sound options

TMcG
Contributor

Anyone else having this issue? I can only get Stereo PCM from the box. Every time I try to change the settings in audio to allow other formats the toggle doesn't move but I can see the box flash that it has received the signal. 

I am using a Sonos ARC connected to the eARC port on my box and have passthrough enabled. 

1 helpful reply

Accepted Solutions

Gizmo1
Contributor II

I had the same problem. I fixed it by going into audio settings, scrolling down to “select formats”, press ok and change to auto. This worked for me, hope it works for you. 

gizmo1

View reply in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Gizmo1
Contributor II

I had the same problem. I fixed it by going into audio settings, scrolling down to “select formats”, press ok and change to auto. This worked for me, hope it works for you. 

gizmo1

JVM410h
Contributor

If you try a surround format the center channel volume goes up and down. It’s terrible. Live sports like hockey seems worst when announcers speaking. Not sure why Bell has not addressed this?

I ran into a different issue with the automatic surround sound option. 

With my Samsung sound bar that is connected by the device Bluetooth when set to auto it did not choose my Dolby DTS surround 2.0. 

When I tried to watch crave shows from crave app on the box it returned error of not able to connect to service. 

After talking to bell support to no success I contacted crave support. They advised me it was a known issue with this box and bell had been advised and had indicated they were working on it. That is a year ago now. 

Set option to not automatically choose to surround sound options and crave connects. 

All other general areas of bell fibre with auto select Dolby worked just not crave. 

Works on bell streamer. 

Another reason for making the streamer my primary box. 

Clearly the 7802 has known issue like Dolby, remote connections, black screens, lagging and others. I have alternate boxes and currently have credit on it and recording so I can live with but long overdue like Crave to acknowledge this known issue on Dolby with the Bell Streamer and to make a priority to address the required debugging testing and upgrade. 

Like all companies bell has trouble with new technology but how about showing that you stand above the crowd on service support. 

I already escalated this for review to higher teer support with no change in a year. I will leave it forum moderators to escalate and keep us up to date on known issues as reported here and to update posters. 

Personally I believe the forum is best used for a question for possible answers from members but if solutions are not forth coming or not satisfied then contact support directly and use escalation process if needed.  That is why the process exists for all services with required reference to the process in the support docs and our bills and contracts. 

You can't escalate from the forum level as it is merely a peer support forum and most more formal suggestions come from. The same knowledge base available to all of us and support staff. 

Not to say that good suggestions and direction can come from the forum but if the responses aren't usefully call or chat with support and document document document. 

Hopefully changes will come soon after identification as there seem to be many issues with this new model of tech and who wants annoyance and frustration in their lives when solutions to technological and programming and integration of services can always be dealt with with problem solving priority setting resource provision and pride in making quality number one for all involved 

From the approach to program development and project management I was trained in decades ago. 

Here's to successful resolution. 

Bruce