Missing US channels

Turtledove
Contributor II

There was an update today (apr 23 2024) and there were no US channels. I couldnt watch TMZ or Family Feud.  The channels are not even listed on the package list. 

98 REPLIES 98

Up until today, I was able to access ABC, CBS & NBC on the Bell Fibe TV app on Apple TV. If Bell is no longer providing this content, will we be getting a discount on our subscription?

Was the Standard package channel line up recently changed?   Overnight I no longer get the US channels - ABC, NBC, CBS and PBS>

I have Standard and Premium and I lost the US channels as well.

J-in-TO
Contributor II

Just noticed the same. It was a notice in our February bill that they were dropping the US channels in the standard package on April 1. I suppose it took them a while to pull the trigger. We were originally an ALT TV client paying $10/mth and only using the Fibe TV app on Apple TV. Bell now wants me to pay them $52.95 for access to these channels. I'm disgusted and will be cancelling my service tomorrow.

MFR
Contributor

If you receive your bill electronically the notification was not present ... at least not in my bill.

I just looked back on my bills and I've not received any notice about this. I've checked January through April bills. I'm in queue with Chat Support. In My Bell, it's showing US channels are available as a $3 add-on.

J-in-TO
Contributor II

We receive the bills electronically too. I had to login at Bell.ca and look up my bills there to see the notice at the top with a '+' in the February bill.

My MIL has an actual Fibe TV unit and it is also showing US channels as an addon for $3. There is also a choice for $0 for US channels included in her Good plan.

yes. ditto. add PBS to that list too

Frodo
Contributor

I have had the same experience  as described above  with the recent  disappearance of  US channels  without warning.  At the  same time Bell fees are being increased but service/quality is deteriorating. Contacting  the CRTC is a good idea.