Missing US channels

Turtledove
Contributor II

There was an update today (apr 23 2024) and there were no US channels. I couldnt watch TMZ or Family Feud.  The channels are not even listed on the package list. 

113 REPLIES 113

I'm a starter pack subscriber and I notice that several channels now seem to be missing from the package and the starter pack lineup, specifically the US channels from 1220 to 1229. Why are a bunch of channels now missing and why wasn't this communicated?

I just started this most frustrating service 6 weeks ago, Freezing picture, pixelated picture , much less crispy , making Tv almost impossible to watch.......and the loss of the years long favorite US followed series' on ABC..CBS..NBC.

How do I get them back for no additional cost...I had this service for only ^ weeks......Seems like a rip on.

EmSee
Contributor

I have also lost US channels - are we all expected to contact Customer Care? Shouldn’t Bell just be reinstating the channels and fixing the problem?

Awillm
Contributor II

@EmSee I see there are two possibilities. 

1. Their tech people didn't do a proper impact assessment and take steps to prevent this.  If that is the case, I really wonder just how secure it is using Bell for my internet provider 😞 I mean, if they mess that up??
  2. They thought they could do it without much complaint. I can only hope the cost to them is significant enough for them not to try something like that again. Of course, that only happens if the two departments connect the dots on cost.

Either way - yes - you are going to need to contact them.  Bell does look at the forum and the people responding seem sincerely interested in making things right. So if you get a private message ... be sure to respond with your Account Number and name.  They fixed mine without the need to be on hold for hours.

Why have channels been removed from my package  (PBS,ABC,NBC,CBS) without any communication.  Will the price I currently pay be reduced?

Good afternoon @scarface73

Welcome to the Bell Community.

We want to review this further and we have sent you a private message. Please check your Messages within your profile avatar in the top right corner.

Unsure how to check or send a private message? See How to send a private messageOpens in a new tab or window

- Patricia 

BellNick

Hi there @greglorr @Writerred 
Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community.
We'd like to take a closer look into this and have sent you a private message.
Please check your Messages within your profile avatar in the top right corner.
Unsure how to check or send a private message? See How to send a private messageOpens in a new tab or window

The fact our missing channels listed only under the Genre "Missing Data" tells everyone this was a configuration error.

The person who misconfigured shouldn't be in trouble, the department head should be in trouble for how the mistake was handled, or rather, not handled, leaving customers and support people aliike in the dark.

Hi there @EmSee 
Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community.
We'd like to take a closer look into your account and have sent you a private message.
Please check your Messages within your profile avatar in the top right corner.

Without any communication, a number of US channels have been removed from my package including ABC, CBS and NBC. I have been watching these channels for over 9 years. How do I get them reinstated?