How to program remote to work with TV?

Rockstar8558
Contributor

I reprogrammed my new remote and now my TV won’t turn on.

3 helpful replies

Accepted Solutions

JD
Regular Contributor II

Sounds like you need to reprogram your remote to teach it what TV you have.  What kind of remote do you have?

View reply in original post

BellPatricia

Hey @Rockstar8558. Thanks for posting to the Community.

If you have Fibe TV check out How to program my Bell Fibe TV remote controlOpens in a new tab or window for tips and tricks on programing your remote control to work with your TV. You can program your Fibe TV remote to control devices such as your TV set, and you will find a PDF file within the link above which has the codes of the compatible devices.

For Satellite TV take a look at How to program my Bell Satellite TV remote controlOpens in a new tab or window

Let us know how everything goes.

-Patricia

Update - None of the troubleshooting worked so I got a replacement remote under warranty and it seems to be 100% working right away.  The original remote must have become defective somehow.  The new remote paired with the TV on the first try.

47 REPLIES 47

JD
Regular Contributor II

Sounds like you need to reprogram your remote to teach it what TV you have.  What kind of remote do you have?

BellPatricia

Hey @Rockstar8558. Thanks for posting to the Community.

If you have Fibe TV check out How to program my Bell Fibe TV remote controlOpens in a new tab or window for tips and tricks on programing your remote control to work with your TV. You can program your Fibe TV remote to control devices such as your TV set, and you will find a PDF file within the link above which has the codes of the compatible devices.

For Satellite TV take a look at How to program my Bell Satellite TV remote controlOpens in a new tab or window

Let us know how everything goes.

-Patricia

Phoneguy
Contributor

Does anyone know if there are any 9400 PVR remote codes to control a TCL tv?

George1
Contributor

My TV remote (Bell Fire Slim) one day stopped working.

It will no longer turn on/off the TV, however is still functioning once the TV screen is manually turned on. 

Is there a reset function I can try to fix this issue?

Mari_28
Contributor II

New Fibe TV Remote not turning off my tv it only turns on off the Fibe receiver and my sound system ? I called technical support and they told me its either one or the other? . why does it say program your remote to control the power and volume of your tv? Im getting tired of Bells lies… nothing but problems since i got this Fibe… Satellite was so much better no issues ever even in the snow and rain! 

AlexS
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

My remote had this issue prior to a tech visit  mainly for other problems. He did a reset and this issue is gone. Have you tried to reboot the sys or re-pair?

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

Mari_28
Contributor II

Hi Alex, 

i have rebooted, repaired and they even sent me a new remote(which does not work at all) and the Bell technician said that only my sound system and fibe receiver are the only two things that will turn off my tv will not so….

Stallion
Contributor

I just has the Fibe TV installed and the remote does not work with my TCL Roku TV. Is there a fix? I told Bell that I had this TV and they said it wouldn't be a problem!

AlexS
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

Do you mean Bell’s remote can’t control anything while the dvr box is connected to the TV?

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.