How to program remote to work with TV?

Rockstar8558
Contributor

I reprogrammed my new remote and now my TV won’t turn on.

47 REPLIES 47

Did a reboot of the receiver and the menu selection magically came back.  

Bell remote VIP2502 controls everything except volume on new 32" Hisense smart TV - program code used 0706

I just received a new bluetooth slim remote. The receiver works fine but unable to program TV. I have a Haier TV but none of the Haier model tested works with the mute button. Any ideas if there is a generic brand or something else I can try. It worked with my old remote before it conked out.

WelshTerrier
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

Have you checked that your new remote is recognized & paired to your receiver? To do so: Select the > Menu button on your remote. Go to  > Settings > Remote control > Remote control Information & Remote Setup & verify that the new remote look is recognized & paired to your receiver. If not, then you will need to pair the remote in the Setup.  You will need to set the new remote to Factory defaults & then repair it. Follow the onscreen instructions.

Here is link that will walk you through the steps.

Programming, fixing or replacing your Bell Fibe TV remote

This should resolve your issue. If not please reach out once again to the Bell Community Forum.

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

I bought a new tv and have to turn on and off and use volume on tv remote because the Bell voice remote is programmed for the old tv. How do I program the remote to the new tv?

Rags
Contributor II

How do I program a new remote to shut off my tv

I have a Fibe TV Voice Remote and a Mitsubishi MDT65IS TV. I can't get the remote to program to control this TV. I have tried many, many times to use the method that comes up when you set up the remote i.e. listen for the beeping until and press the mute button until the TV mutes but it never does. Is there any way to manually program the remote? Thanks for any help.

AlexS
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

Nah. Bell DVR remotes can't control any other device except volume and power. If you really wanna a Bell remote to use on other devices, try the one comes with the Bell Streamer. I can pair this type with Apple TV.

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

Can you control a Panasonic volume? on your bell voice control.To make it only one control to use.

I have the latest giga box and 7802 receivers.  The voice function works fine on my Sony and TCL TV’s but not on my Samsung devices.  Bell says they are working on it.  Any experiences with this problem?

Stumacp