PVR not recording anything

PackerBacker
Contributor

My pvr hasn’t recorded a single show since the major outage in May. I’ve rebooted the system and the modem- no change. Anyone have a solution or experiencing the same thing?

1 helpful reply

Accepted Solutions

Thank you Alex for confirming there are no restrictions for this channel. I deleted all scheduled recordings for CNBC and reschesuled them again. This seems to have corrected the problem. 

Thanks again. 

View reply in original post

85 REPLIES 85

BellAntgio

Hey there @PackerBacker

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post.

That is definitely odd, are you able to play any of your previously recorded shows? 

Can you share the model of your PVR and just want to 100% confirm that your PVR receiver is working fine in all other ways (changing channels, volume, etc.)?

I have 4 Bell Fibe boxes and about 5 days ago they stopped recording .

Either programmed or live tv. 
All was good prior. I checked the spaced used and had 51% free. 
I’ve since erased some things where there’s over 60 % free. 
I’ve rebooted the box and nothing. 

what could it be?

Hi there @Froggy. Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Bell Community.
Interesting! What is the make and model of your receivers?
Was there any type of power/service interruption around the time your PVR stopped recording? Which channel/program were you trying to record?
Are you able to watch any previously recorded content?

- Patricia

spaceman1967
Contributor III

Hi I am having the same issue all the PVR recordings (both series and individual episodes) that have been working for months have stopped recording. We have rebooted the modem numerous times and deleted the programmed recordings and still  nothing is working.

Hi there @spaceman1967. Thanks very much for your post, and welcome to the Bell Community.

In order for us to best assist you, can you please review our posts above and get back to the Community with more information?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

- Patricia

What is the make and model of your receivers? I have a VIP 5662 and 2502
Was there any type of power/service interruption around the time your PVR stopped recording?  No                             Which channel/program were you trying to record? There are a number of channels and programs (TVO, CTV, Greek channels, HBO, TSN, Sportsnet) that are set up to record (both series and individual recordings) and they all stopped recording.
Are you able to watch any previously recorded content? They disappeared but reappeared and I have not tried to watch them since they returned.

I also checked the storage and it was at 16%

Thanks very much for your reply @spaceman1967. Let us know once you've had a chance to test the previously recorded content too.

Are you able to successfully schedule, record and watch any new shows? 

At this time we would recommend that you search for alternate playtimes for each show and recreate the timers to see if the issue persists. If you are recording a series please delete any current recordings that are scheduled for the series before rescheduling them. 

Keep the Community posted regarding how everything goes. We will be here for you if you need further assistance.

- Patricia

Hi all,

I have the Bell 4K pvr (VIP5662W) and when we set a series to record it does not remember the next week. Any help would be appreciated. 
some additional info:

-I have bell fiber internet 

-I can get the recording to work for today. Records fine and play back is fine. 

-I am aware and can distinguish between recording tonight’s episode and the whole series (series will have 3 circles first red then other two grey)

-I set show to record from guide and tried from menu also. Same result. Tonight’s show will record but next week it won’t even be set so therefore will not record. 

-this has been going on for many months 

-PVR is hardwired with eth cable 

-box has been rebooted, soft and hard 

thanks for your time