Bell Home Hub 4000 Error 1201

Boonh
Contributor

Today my bell internet Fibre 50 FTTH stopped working. My device still showed connection to the Wifi but there was no internet. The modem showed “Error 1201 - Low fibre signal Check fibre connection”. Restarting modem couldn’t fix the problem.

8FCB071A-2EE2-48F0-A0F9-3A5AD260B550.jpeg

2 helpful replies

Accepted Solutions

BellDRock
Community Manager

@Boonh 

One thing always to remember to do when encountering an internet, Fibe TV or Fibe Home Phone issue is to run the Virtual Repair tool. If you can, run it from your smartphone as the The Virtual repair tool will:

• Look for service outages in your area
  • Check the equipment outside your home
  • Reboot all your hardware
  • Optimize the settings for your service

If it can’t solve the problem, the tool will even help you book a technician appointment if the issue calls for it.

Check out our NEW How To's for internet and more info on Virtual Repair at  Internet not working? Try these quick fixes.

View reply in original post

So it is now fixed but definitely 6 hours of my time I won’t get back lol! It was determined by an online tech that it was the modem and I made appt to replace it with his support. But during the next day a Bell service truck was across the street and my friend noticed it and went to ask and tell them what had happened to mine. He told her that he was there to replace the lines becuase someone had pulled them down off the pole across the road. He said everything should work fine now. I therefore did not change the modem and took it back home at the end of my work day and plugged it in and followed the steps on the Bell app and everything is great! 

View reply in original post

43 REPLIES 43

iMpatientBut
Contributor III

Try disconnecting and then reconnecting the fiber connector. Make sure the tip of the connector is clean since even a tiny thread of lint can obstruct the signal.  

ZaneP
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

Hi @Boonh 

If you haven't called Bell, you should do so right away. 1-844-310-7873. Give tech support the error number.

The error will be corrected by a technician sent to your place. It's the fiber signal failing somewhere along the chain, and not necessarily at the physical connection point to the modem. It's Bell's equipment and their responsibility.

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

BellDRock
Community Manager

@Boonh 

One thing always to remember to do when encountering an internet, Fibe TV or Fibe Home Phone issue is to run the Virtual Repair tool. If you can, run it from your smartphone as the The Virtual repair tool will:

If it can’t solve the problem, the tool will even help you book a technician appointment if the issue calls for it.

Check out our NEW How To's for internet and more info on Virtual Repair at  Internet not working? Try these quick fixes.

spaceman1967
Contributor III

I had this error yesterday and internet was out most of the day, the technician came last night and replaced the cable from the wall to the modem. by 12:30 pm today had the same code appear and internet is still out. Any ideas what the problem may be. Hoping this isn't a re-occuring problem Technician said it was the cable but I don't think that it was the  the case can it be the modem? 

Crenshaw
Contributor

I have fibe direct to the home. I randomly came home to this error being thrown on the home hub 4000. Is this a modem issue or did a tech mess with something at the main box causing an issue with my signal?

dks
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

Could be either. In any case, this is enough of an issue for Bell to pay attention. If the admins here are around, they might help or call 310-BELL (2355). 

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

Hi there @Crenshaw, thanks for your post and welcome to the Bell Community.

We wanted to check in with you to make sure your service is working. Were you able to reach our Technical support team as @dks suggested?

A great tool you can also use when you experience an issue is our Virtual repair toolOpens in a new tab or window

The Virtual repair tool will:

If it can’t solve the problem, the tool will even help you book a technician appointment.

Let the Community know how everything is going.

- Patricia

saafir
Contributor

I had the same error today suddenly. Virtual reporting tool saying found an issue in the outage check but when I check outage check tool saying no outage in my area. So confusing... even tech doesn't know what to do. Waiting for a tech support tomorrow.

Hi there @saafir,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community.

We just wanted to check in and see if your concern had ben resolved by the technician yesterday?

Looking forward to hearing back.