New Webmail - Format and Feature Issues

paintinglady
Contributor II

I am trying to get used to the new email format. I love some of the changes but am having difficulty with others.

When I click on the square box next to the subject line when I first open my email link it now automatically opens to the email. In the past, I could click on the square box for several emails(they wouldn't automatically open again) and I could move them all at once to a select file folder. Now I have to move each one individually which is very time consuming. Is there a step I am missing or is this just the new way and if it is can this be addressed in an update?

I also find the font size smaller than before. I am not sure if it is because of the font size or if the colour was changed on the font but it is now hard to differentiate between unopened emails and opened emails. Is there some way I can change the colour of the font and the size? I have looked into my email settings as well as my browser settings but I couldn't see anything. 

Would love any help anyone can give! Thank You

194 REPLIES 194

I have in past, used email web clients that have allowed me to paste a moderate  sized Excel Spreadsheet into the body  my email while retaining full formatting of the Excel file. My current Bell Email client allows this HOWEVER loses all horizontal and some of the vertical formatting. I can add in 100's of spaces to re-align the columns if I wish however this looks bad and is very time consuming and never accurate.

Is there a correct method to accomplish this that I need to learn ?

When I reply to an email, usually to someone who originally sent from an iPhone, formatting characters are inserted in my reply, making it very difficult to read. example:

<div><font>="font-size:10pt;" face="null"> message text  etc.

PV
Contributor

Hello - Bell's new email interface is awful. It freezes/times out continually, it blanks out as you type, hard to move emails to folders, hard to open emails fully - that's all I can think of off the top of my head. Can we a/ receive our bell email in outlook, or something that doesn't freeze etc.? or b/ Can we return to the more functional previous interface?

ShakenNotStirred
Contributor II

On iOS ( iPad Air), there is no button available to change the InBox frame layout, just a log out button, and the Settings Button generates an error pop up message.

7DC2B168-5941-4089-90FC-F2AF275DB80D.jpeg1A45849F-E2DA-42F5-B84F-A2671D460DD1.jpeg

I alternate between using Bell webmail and a Thunderbird email client downloaded on my desktop. Thunderbird has options to View > Message Source, View > Headers > All and Message > Forward As > Attachment. It also has options to Tag emails with colours and many of the other features posters here have missed from other email clients. It has versions available for Windows, Mac & Linux. 

I am on Windows 10.  Interesting that you can use Thunderbird.  I used to use it, but I can't for Bell webmail.  Every time I try, it gives me this when it tries to connect to Bell:

"The current operation on 'inbox' did not succeed.  The mail server for account xxxxxxxxx@bell.net  responded: Invalid attribute list in UID FETCH"

I have no idea what that means, so I don't know how to fix it, but obviously there is an incompatibility between the Bell mail server and Thunderbird.  All I know is that one day it worked, and the next day it didn't (and hasn't since).

Do you (anyone else) know what the issue is?  I would much rather use Thunderbird than struggle with the mess Bell has made of their so-called upgrade.

Thanks

Hi John_G, a long time ago I had set up Thunderbird to work with my bell.net account, but then it just stopped working. I mostly using my sympatico.ca account so I just left it as is. Your response sparked me to take another look to see if I could get both sympatico.ca & bell.net accounts to work with Thunderbird. I don't have any fancy filters or anything set up on my mail accounts, so if the following doesn't work for you then maybe that's something to look into.

Incoming server setting for both sympatico.ca & bell.net accounts is the same pophm.sympatico.ca server.

Incoming_mail_setting_Thunderbird.jpg

Thunderbird's password manager is used to store both accounts' passwords.

Both accounts share the same outgoing email server setting but each has its own identity:

Outgoing_mail_setting_Thunderbird.jpgOutgoing_Identities_Thunderbird.jpg

Hope that helps.

@ShakenNotStirred 

Thanks for sharing. We have sent you a private message as we would like to gather more details.

Please check your inbox, next to your profile avatar in the top right corner.

Unsure how to check or send a private message? See How to send a private messageOpens in a new tab or window

Hi PENNY, go to Contacts then from the hamburger button (3 horizontal lines) pick Collected Addresses. You’ll find there are a lot of spam email addresses in there that you can delete. 

Have a problem with some Emails.   I see them in my inbox but when I click to read content I get an error message saying wait until loaded completely.   Then it just spins.   Oddly the emails I have an issue with are all from health care providers.   Not the same health care place.    Tried contacting Bell...but...nothing  

I use EDGE and have Bell high speed and use sympatico email ID.....I can open and see other emails.