New Webmail - Format and Feature Issues

paintinglady
Contributor II

I am trying to get used to the new email format. I love some of the changes but am having difficulty with others.

When I click on the square box next to the subject line when I first open my email link it now automatically opens to the email. In the past, I could click on the square box for several emails(they wouldn't automatically open again) and I could move them all at once to a select file folder. Now I have to move each one individually which is very time consuming. Is there a step I am missing or is this just the new way and if it is can this be addressed in an update?

I also find the font size smaller than before. I am not sure if it is because of the font size or if the colour was changed on the font but it is now hard to differentiate between unopened emails and opened emails. Is there some way I can change the colour of the font and the size? I have looked into my email settings as well as my browser settings but I couldn't see anything. 

Would love any help anyone can give! Thank You

194 REPLIES 194

NGG
Contributor

I cannot delete e-mails altogether in the Inbox: we used to be able to do that.  I can still use the DELETE box as before.  It's quite annoying to have to delete e-mails 10 at a time.  Solution?...

Hinterland
Contributor

I have been struggling with certain updates to the Bell email system.  Specifically with moving emails from my inbox to folders.  When I select move email under "MORE" tab, I find it difficult to control the movement of the email, it seems to float over the options and if I click on a folder I get an unexpected error.  I have to control the mouse in order to float the specific email into the correct folder.  It is extremely time consuming.  I liked the old version where I could just click emails into specific folders.  Also I can not find the copy selection.  I use to be able to copy an email into a folder while still keeping the original.  I would appreciate any tips.  But I do think that something is wrong because an error does pop up on my screen when selecting a email to move. 

The new webmail has a broken feature.  It does NOT allow for viewing as text the ENTIRE email source any longer when selecting "view source".  If one uses a spam reporting service such as SpamCop, to examine and report on the source IPs that send spam and phishing attempts, submission of the entire email including the full headers is required.

If you really want to address spam and possibly stop phishing campaigns underway, you need to try to kill it at the source by reporting on the sources of the emails.

I am having trouble with the new email format that just began today with my Sympatico email.

Every day I receive email alerts if a stock (that I have chosen) goes up or down by a certain percentage. The subject would says something like: "BAC makes a new 52 week high". 
With the old email inbox, when I clicked on the email, I could see the price and the graph of the stock prices for the year of the stock (in the body of the email). It took 2 sec to glance at the email and then I was done with it. No attachments to open.
With the new inbox format, however, the price of the stock and the graph are now an attachment unfortunately. That means I have to download the attachment just to see the stock price and the graph. This is time consuming, and I  don't want to be downloading this info that I will not need at a later date. 

Good afternoon. 

I access my sympatico email via a couple web browsers (web-based) at bell.net.

Recently I noticed that some of my emails were missing, particularly in my Sent email folder (or so I suspected). In the process of searching for these emails I planned to comb through my Sent Folder very carefully to ensure they weren't simply missed by me. However, since Thursday,  I have been unable to access the Sent Folder. The Inbox resolves and refreshes fine, but when I click the Sent Folder, the window where the messages should appear is blank and the spinning arrows symbol (the one on that frame and in the upper right corner, signalling a refresh) never stop spinning. 

I have left it for hours and still nothing resolved and no messages appear. 

Anyone else experiencing Sympatico web-based issues?

S.

Hi

While the new email platform is a giant improvement over the last iteration, there are some basic things that don't work that should be simple.  Maybe I'm missing something in my settings. For example, you cannot navigate using arrow keys. In every other email program I've ever used, you can move up and down in your messages using arrows. In this platform they don't work.

Another big issue I have found is that it doesn't seem to accept basic MS Outlook meeting requests. The meeting request cannot be accepted - when I open it luckily I have a work Outlook account that will take it. The message on Bell mail is just html code mixed in with the message.  Seems basic.

At lest the mail is staying in chronological order now which is a big relief.

SMcL
Contributor

I am not too pleased with the new Email format. I have tasks to do but I don't have the time or patience to find things in the new set-up. How do I go back to the old format? I did not request this change. Can you help?

SMG-337
Contributor

IN a return email, I couldn't find a way to add a humorous emoji like-->😄.  Where is the link to the emojis?? It's evident when creating an original email.

When I enter a full email address in the search field, the entered letters become hidden and masked by the X symbol. Very annoying.  

Where is the TIME stamp on the emails, as there was before?  I only see the day or date stamp.

When selecting all emails on a selective search and then attempting to move to a user-defined folder, not all emails are moved.  Then, when I try to select "all" again it gives me a limit of 4 emails---WHY???? 

IT'S EVIDENT THAT THERE WAS A FAILURE IN YOUR DESIGN AND QUALITY ASSURANCE TEAMS TO RETAIN USEFUL FEATURES AND ALSO CONFUSE/IRRITATE USERS IN A "USER-FRIENDLY" WAY TO YOUR NEW "BETTER????" EMAIL FORMAT!!!   

THIS IS NOT THE WAY TO RETAIN CUSTOMER LOYALTY!!  FIX THE PROBLEMS ASAP OR RISK THE MIGRATION OF CUSTOMERS TO OTHER EMAIL PROVIDERS!!!

Where is the edit prompt when trying to continue work with any draft

I was just updated to the new Webmail interface, and my Calendar and Contacts no longer synchronize to my iPhone. Both were synchronizing fine prior to the webmail update. Calendar (CalDAV) and Contacts (CardDAV) are both setup with Server dav.webmail.bell.net, Port 443 and SSL Encryption enabled. I have tried creating events/contacts on both the Webmail and iPhone ends, and the new entries are not being synchronized. Email DOES synchronize correctly when modified on either the Webmail end or the iPhone end.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this, or if Bell is aware of this issue?

Thanks.