What is error 2000 on modem

Frank
Contributor

What is error 2000 on Bell modem 3000?

88 REPLIES 88

Yes, I did run the Virtual Repair tool yesterday. So far no disconnection...Hopefully it worked..will keep you posted...

I am now getting error 2000 on my home hub 3000.  My internet works but my home phone service is down.  I’ve been having problems all week where I could not receive calls on my home phone but I could call out.  Every time I call Bell to resolve, they just do a reset but have no idea what the problem is.  Now I’m getting this error 2000 and cannot send or receive calls.  I have a fast busy signal on my phone.  I have unplugged my router 3 times now to resolve this with no resolution.  Please help.  I don’t want to call in again as they refuse to address the problem properly.

Error Code 2000 : "Currently unable to connect to the Bell servers. Try again later."

I would suggest running the Virtual Repair Tool. I have included the web link below. This will identify whether there are any outages in your area.& it will attempt to repair them. Once this completes, I would also try to connect once again.

Internet: troubleshooting tools, virtual repair tool and support (bell.ca)

If after completing these earlier steps & you are still experiencing problems, I would suggest that you contact Bell Fibe Tech support. Call: 1 844 310-SURF (7873) 

The issue could be related to a defect within your modem or the fiber connection itself. 

Thank you for contacting the Bell Community Forum.

Take care.

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

I wanted to follow up that since changing my b1password I have not had the issue re-occur. 
For anyone else having this issue that is not caused by physical outside damage - before swapping modems they changing your bell modem password online and then change it directly in the modem and see what happens. 

69angel
Contributor II

I am also getting error 2000 on my home hub 3000.  It’s not affecting my internet.  It’s affecting my home phone.  I cannot make or receive calls.  I’ve already rebooted the router 3 times with no success.  I’ve been having problems all week where I can make calls but not receive them.  All Bell does is a reset and I continue to have problems.  Please help me!  

The think for the troubleshooting tool doesn’t work.  I get a server error.  I ended up calling Bell again and it is working for now.  If it goes out again, I will try changing the password as the response below suggests.

Modem showing code 2000 (outage) but after searching up my postal code for internet outage it shows their isn't one. I've unplugged and plugged it several times and still my internet is down. 

Hey there @Ff,

Welcome to the Bell Community, and thank you for reaching out to us.

What modem do you have?

If you are still having trouble, please run the Virtual Repair tool that we posted in the Helpful replies above. Virtual repair can detect and fix issues with your service, and even helps with booking a technician if necessary.

Please let us know how everything is going.

- Patricia

Hi Patricia, After running the Virtual Repair tool no disconnections. Hopefully it stays this way.

Wojtek

my modem is going into Network Authentication error 2000 with the red indicator and the internet is going down. It comes back after a while but the issue is occurring frequently. Will factory reset solve this or do I need to call support? today it happened during my office call. it's getting very frustrating now.