What is error 2000 on modem

Frank
Contributor

What is error 2000 on Bell modem 3000?

88 REPLIES 88

i have similar problem now, so frustrated!!

how was it fixed? if you don’t mind! what was the issue?

Anja
Contributor

Just changed over internet from Rogers to Bell thinking it will be better but in really it is worse. Second day of installation massage was error 2000. Spent hours with technicians on phone but no good. Told go and change Modem. Next day same problem and same solution change Modem. Now we brought new modem and it won’t work only error 2000. It is 3rd day without internet and no solution. We have Zoom meeting for work tomorrow don’t know what to do as we have no internet and of course technician is not available. So frustrated don’t know what to do and none of them know how to fix it.

ZaneP
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

Hi @Anja

Some things about your post are somewhat confusing.

• Bell isn't giving the HomeHub 3000 to new subscribers, as far as I know. Which model do you have?
  • On the day of installation, did the installer test the modem before they left? Or did you receive the equipment from Bell and then installled it yourself?
  • Who told you to go and "change modem"? Where did you go?
  • The error 2000 is somewhat generic. It can mean a loss of signal (local fibre problem),  an outage, a programming error.
  • Did you do a shut-down-and-reboot of the modem?
  • Were you told by Bell support to try a factory reset? 

Insist that Bell  send a technician to your place as soon as possible.

Meantime, if you use Bell's data network for your mobile device (or another provider's data network) the quick solution for your Zoom call is to enable your phone as a wifi hotspot and have your Zoom device connect to it.

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

Bell provided Modem 3000 only 3 days ago. We call bell at 310-2355 for support and for last 2 days every time told to go to store and change with an email sent to my email address. I don’t know why u r saying that bell doesn’t provide modem 3000 anymore. Maybe u don’t know what we r going through for last three days. I wish I can forward u those emails and pic of modem which we received only three days back and have already changed 2 times.

ZaneP
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

As far as I knew, Bell was giving new customers the HomeHub 4000 or the GigaHub.

But that's really not important. You didn't reply with anything related to a modem reboot or factory reset. But assuming you did both of these , and your problem is still there...It's NOT the modem. There's a problem upstream of you: local fibre cable problem; an outage somewhere, and so on.

I don't want to see your emails or pictures of the modem. Please insist with Bell tech support that modem isn't the problem, and that they must send a technician to your place.

I suggested a work-around for your Zoom call. Whether you choose to use it is up to you.

Hope you get all of this resolved soon.

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

Hi there @Anja 
Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community.
We wanted to check in to see if you are still experiencing issues with the error 2000 on your modem?
Looking forward to hearing back.

roz
Contributor

The red light with error 2000 appeared again. However, my internet this time is still working but my TV receiver is down, we don't watch TV, except for sports sometimes, it's something we just keep because otherwise our bundle discount will be affected and the cost of the internet will go higher or that's what we are told!! Not the best experience but I'm fine with some stability for now until we have to restart the modem then I think it'll be a problem again with the internet!

Lastnight our original modem showed error 2000. I called and was told this modem was fried and we just needed a new one. Picked one up today and the same error message is showing and customer service is alleging that we happened to get another defective modem. So they sent us out to pick up ANOTHER new modem. I asked if this could perhaps be a different issue and not a modem issue if the same error is showing up on 2? They couldn't explain anything and just said we need to try another. We requested to just have a tech come instead and they refused. Could there be any other cause of this issue? They also alleged that the connectivity to the house was fine. Is there anything else it could be?

My bell internet connection always gets into Error 2000 , network authentication issue . Virtual repair , agent chat , nothing worked. They scheduled a technician for  visit but next day . Bell support system for these kind of issues , is extremely poor  and one has to  wait until next day to get your problem fixed. Now a days people work from home a lot , i am not sure bell is reliable any more . Very disappointed!!

rkh
Contributor

error 2000