What is error 2000 on modem

Frank
Contributor

What is error 2000 on Bell modem 3000?

88 REPLIES 88

Okay so here’s an update. Roughly 2 weeks after it was fixed, I’m back here once again with no internet. They downgraded my modem to HhH 3000 as well. This time, the error I get it Error 1000. It changed from error 2000, 2100 then 1000 if I remember correctly. 

No tech could explain it properly but the lst tech talked about switching from Huawei to Alcatel stuff. Eh anyway, I’m too tired dealing with this issue. The last tech left in frustration as well. 

I booked an appointment 8am-12pm but the tech arrived around 2:30pm and said there might be an issue with the booking system.

I’m so stressed already dealing with this issue. It’s time to let go..

Hi there @Maden, thank you for updating the Bell Community.

We understand how inconvenient it is when your internet is not working properly, and wanted to check in with you to make sure the service has been restored.

Keep me posted, the community is here for you if you need further assistance.

- Patricia

Hello. Just an update the issue was fixed on May 31. Appointment for this issue was booked for May 29th- the issue was fixed by the 3rd technician. 

I had I think 10 (maybe more) technician visits in the month of late April to May. 
Will monitor and give an update again.

Thanks,

B

Thanks for the explanation on error 2000. Just discovered tonight with your post a solution for the problem i'm getting since 3 months now. I dealed with more then 10 different Bell tech so far and no one pointed me this. They changed the modem 3 times so far with the same result.

Thank you

Boxof
Contributor

Getting the 2000 error code right now and unfortunately that means we have no internet, tv or phone. Support articles say to just try again later. Is this really an issue that will go away on its own?

Error 2000 on bell 3000 modem.

Sid2
Contributor

Going through that again. No hsi configure and error 2000. Lost 3 days worth of work and no solution. Wasted more than 8 calls to tech support. Really frustrating and horrible service

Hi there @Sid2 
Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community.
We wanted to check in to see if you're still receiving error 2000 / No HSI configuration or if this has been resolved?

Looking forward to hearing back.

Exact same issue with the error 2000 on the Bell 3000 modem. It's been 4 days. My ticket is open, and there is no ETA as to how long this will take to fix. 3 technicians came on day 1, and since then, nothing. Calls to technical support have just told me to sit tight, wait and hopefully it will be fixed soon. Unacceptable. 

Kevin4
Contributor II

Error 2000 is authenticity problem your modem it is not connected to your service agreement with Bell, so if you switched modems and or upgraded your internet  the new modem is not linked to your account. I had the same problem they ended giving 3 or 4 modems did the reboots everything nothing worked . Bell had to delete my existing account and create a new account with new modem serial number and new service. If that does not work tell the Bell tech to change your line to another port at your junction box. Make sure they just don't change the port on the pole in front of your house the junction box is usually away from your home. It's a big square box with many lines and ports. Hope this Helps.!