New Webmail - Format and Feature Issues

paintinglady
Contributor II

I am trying to get used to the new email format. I love some of the changes but am having difficulty with others.

When I click on the square box next to the subject line when I first open my email link it now automatically opens to the email. In the past, I could click on the square box for several emails(they wouldn't automatically open again) and I could move them all at once to a select file folder. Now I have to move each one individually which is very time consuming. Is there a step I am missing or is this just the new way and if it is can this be addressed in an update?

I also find the font size smaller than before. I am not sure if it is because of the font size or if the colour was changed on the font but it is now hard to differentiate between unopened emails and opened emails. Is there some way I can change the colour of the font and the size? I have looked into my email settings as well as my browser settings but I couldn't see anything. 

Would love any help anyone can give! Thank You

194 REPLIES 194

Dee
Contributor III

If you keep the cursor far enough away from "To" the "Search contact" box won't be activated and you can simply type in the address.

Try expanding the email you're working on. You may then find you can click on other items or else minimize the email so you can get at other items.

Paul-K
Contributor III

I have an iPhone 7 that worked perfectly until I was migrated this past weekend. 
I’ve opened a problem in the bell Internet tech support and will check in a coupling days if there is a response to the ticket. If not I plan to escalate. There is no way this system should have been turned operational. It is just not that ready.

TDR
Contributor

I would like to know why there is a limit of 100 recipients to an email. I frequently send emails to a group which is made up of 114 members and now must send two emails and create two email groups. This causes extra, unnecessary work. I do not like the changes that were recently made to Bell Mail. They make my job much more difficult than previously.

With respect to Bell email, How do I get rid of the days listed in grouping the emails? (Today, yesterday, etc. as they are not needed), Also can you just list the date on the right side with the time? Much easier to use. Thank you.

dt
Contributor

Okay, I am frustrated with BELL:1)  When I enter password for email you don't have an OPTION TO SEE THE PASSWORD SO I CAN CORRECT IT IF WRONG.2)  I DO NOT WANT TO GO THROUGH MY BROWSER/GOOGLE TO GET TO MY EMAIL.  THERE IS NO WAY TO HAVE MY CREATED SHORTCUT STAY ON THE BOTTOM NAVIGATION BAR WHICH AT LEAST THUNDERBIRD WITH ALL ITS PROBLEMS ALLOWED FOR EASY ACCESS. 3)  WHERE DID YOU PUT THE "BACK" COMMAND IN EMAILS WHICH WAS SO USEFUL - PLEASE REINSTATE.  4)  CANNOT USE MY UP AND DOWN ARROWS TO NAVIGATE ON YOUR TODAY/YESTERDAY/ETC. INBOX

I AM QUESTIONING GOING TO BELL EMAIL WHEN IT IS NOT USER FRIENDLY.

PLEASE RESPOND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WITH SOMEONE WHO KNOWS BELL.

I do not like the new webmail format. One has to be careful in deleting as it automatically puts check mark in another email for deletion, one cannot right click and copy an email address, it does not populate email addresses from senders, print button is now buried, forward button is confusing with the other buttons, in all changes are not good.  It is slow to load, I receive pop ups telling me wait until loaded!  It also automatically opens up a email.  That is the purpose of having a side view.  Searching, one has to open another box and fill in more boxes.  

Hammer
Contributor

I am one of the many who have expressed displeasure concerning the shortcomings of the new webmail email format. I would very much like to be able to dispense with it and revert to the previous format. Can anyone tell me if this is possible?  The help line personnel do not seem to be familiar with the situation.

Thanks.

reals8guy
Contributor

a few years ago  I think you used yahoo for email.

at that time they had a great way of deleting emails.  You click on one from that sender, and push delete and it would delete ALL from that sender.  That was a great way of clearing your email.  

Why can't you implement that again.  

As of now I have about 30,000 unread mails, mostly junk.

NB23
Contributor

The new Bell email interface was applied to my system yesterday and there's an issue with the dates. One specific example is that I have three older emails from 2019 that are showing up in one of my mailboxes as "Tuesday". When I open the email, the date is 01/18/2022, which is indeed Tuesday of this week, so the system has actually changed the date from 01/18/2019 to 01/18/2022. Is there a way to fix this issue? Please let me know. Also some feedback on the new UI -- you cannot select an email and press the DELETE key to delete it, you have to click the trashcan icon in the toolbar. That's a simple function that all interfaces should have.