New Webmail - Mail Filters and Folders Not Working Correctly

Raz
Contributor

Why don't the mail filters work on the new email format? More specifically, why does the customer support staff and managers on the CHAT line know about this issue? I spent over 2 hours with those on the CHAT line who were not aware how to resolve the issue. When I called technical support, they said it is a known issue with the new interface.

90 REPLIES 90

Recently I have seen a couple of instances where Bell email service blocked people I did not ask to be blocked, including my wife and my bank's entire domain. When I was away on holiday it blocked all sympatico.ca which I found while trying to find why I couldn't copy myself. I did not block these ID's.

Anyone know what's going on? 

@martinperl 

Welcome and thanks for your post.

Check your Block and Allow lists to confirm they're set up the way you would like them to be.

Setting up Block and Allow listsOpens in a new tab or windowlet you stop receiving email from specific email addresses and domains, identify exceptions and manage blocked messages.

Thank you, I did check the block list which is how I found people there that should not have been and I didn't put them there....I deleted the entries and am able to receive these emails, now I am peiodically checking the blocked senders list on webmail.bell.net but I shouldn't have to do this.

Bell called me back last week regarding a blocked domain from a software support company domain which I reported and to have them try sending a message from their domail and that they would call back. Which they have not done.

I got a reply from the software support person that unfortunately the domain is still blocked and thus Bell has not fixed the problem. Embarrassing really ....

Some time ago a bell tech told me not to complain about Bell Webmail since I am getting Webmail for fee. I wonder if he has been promoted yet?

Going to move off Bell, I didn't want to because it's a lot of work as many of my accounts are email domain sympatico.ca but can't continue with the uncertainty. That will also make it a lot easy to cut Bell entirely as they don't seem to care. 

BCJ
Bell Employee

trying to move an email to "my folders" the menu disappears when I try to select "my folders".

I am a Bell employee and a customer. My views on the Community Forum are my own and may not be the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

BellPatricia

Hi there @BCJ. Welcome to the Bell Community 🙂

We want to look into this further, and have sent you a private message. Please check your inbox, next to your profile avatar in the top right corner.

Unsure how to check or send a private message? See How to send a private messageOpens in a new tab or window

Sorry couldn't find the message. I have not had this issue for a few months now. However I did post about problems late April and others seem to have similar issues so not impressed at turnaround for response. I gave you the info I had. In any case I had a lot of problems with Sympatico domain while on vacation in DOminican Republic and in the past in Thailand and am going to Europe later so need to move off Bell as your network domain name seems unrecognized by many email servers around the world. 

Hermerlink
Contributor

Every so often, (today July 9th), a Sub-Folder moves somewhere, and I have to look within ALL my Folders to FIND it, and mark it on a listing that is building of mysteriously moved SUB-FOLDERS.  What is happening here ?

Hi there @Hermerlink. Welcome to the Bell Community 🙂

Thanks for sharing this with us. Can  you confirm if the folders are just randomly moving when you log in, or does it happen when you try to move an email to the folder? Is this happening on all devices, and which device are you using (PC/Mac/tablet/mobile phone)? 

- Patricia