Incorrect number showing up when texting

JayRatz
Contributor

Why is my phone number showing up incorrectly for the recipients of my texts and how do I change it?  I just joined Bell a week ago, received a temporary phone number, and got my existing phone number ported over. Now when a new person receives a text from me it shows that it is still coming from my temporary phone number that shouldn't exist anymore. 

1 helpful reply

Accepted Solutions

Fharris
Contributor

I was able to solve this without calling Bell.

I have a Google pixel, and the steps are roughly the same for Android users.
You turn off RCS chat in message settings
Then go to settings, go Apps, all apps
Go to carrier services and go to storage and cache and clear it
Then go back to app listing, find messages and clear cache
Restart phone
Go to messages and turn RCS back on

Hope this helps someone 

View reply in original post

53 REPLIES 53

BellKris

Hi there, @JayRatz. Welcome to the Bell Community.

We'll be reaching out in a private message with more details. Please check your Messages within your profile avatar in the top right corner.

Unsure how to check or send a private message? See How to send a private messageOpens in a new tab or window

This is happening to me as well, after a recent number change? Help!

Hi there, @Michy37. Welcome to the Bell Community.

We'll be reaching out in a private message with more details. Please check your Messages within your profile avatar in the top right corner.

Unsure how to check or send a private message? See How to send a private messageOpens in a new tab or window

Hello bell i am new on this program and when ever i call or text somebody the number on others phone is not my own number please help me 

Hi there, @Meloxi. Welcome to the Bell Community.

Hi I'm having same issue as above. When I send texts it sends from the temporary number

Hi there @P_unit99 ,

Welcome to the Bell Community and thanks for your post.

Thanks.

LorneCrawford
Contributor

I have the same issue as well.

Hi there @LorneCrawford ,

Welcome to the Bell Community and thanks for your post.

Thanks.