How long does it take for my payment to process?

Ex_Brit
Contributor II

I always pay my bill through Scotiabank and Bell always takes a week to credit it, why so long?   Is this an English/French problem?

The direct method of payment through a bank does not work on your website FYI

4 helpful replies

Accepted Solutions

BellNick

Hi there @Ex_Brit. Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community.

Online payments & in bank payments through your bank can take 2-5 business days for the payment to process. The steps for how to pay through your bank can be found on our article How to pay using your bankOpens in a new tab or window

Have you followed these steps and are you receiving any error?

As long as your full payment is registered on your account before your following billing start date, you will not have any late fees.

Looking forward to hearing back.

View reply in original post

WelshTerrier
Community All-Star
Community All-Star

How did you pay your bill?

Payments normally take 3-5 business to process when sent via your financial institution or credit card company. Bell must receive your payment  by the due date.

The easiest & fastest method would be to set up Pre-authorized payments on MyBell.

If you miss your Bell bill payment due date, your service could get suspended if your account is overdue. You can also face late payment fees, interest charges, credit rating issues, etc.

Do keep in mind that this option can be disabled for any of the following reasons:

• Account is cancelled/closed
  • 2 or more returned payments in 30 days
  • 2 or more failed payment arrangements in 30 days
  • Any credit card chargeback within 6 months

Bills and accounts

Online Billing and payment - Bell Residential services

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

Payments normally take 3-5 business to process when sent via your financial institution or credit card company. This is dependant upon the day of the week, the hour of the day & how you paid your bill. Bell still must receive your payment by the due date.

Bell will automatically credit your account upon receipt when it is received. If you overpaid & paid twice, you will receive a Credit that will be applied to your next bill & will show up on MyBell.

The easiest & fastest method would be to set up Pre-authorized payments on MyBell.

If you miss your Bell bill payment due date, your service could get suspended if your account is overdue. You can also face late payment fees, interest charges, credit rating issues, etc.

Do keep in mind that this option can be disabled for any of the following reasons:

• Account is cancelled/closed
  • 2 or more returned payments in 30 days
  • 2 or more failed payment arrangements in 30 days
  • Any credit card chargeback within 6 months

Bills and accounts

Online Billing and payment - Bell Residential services

I would contact Bell to confirm your payments. Please call: 1 866 310-BELL (2355)

Here is a link to assist you: How to notify Bell that you have made a payment

I am a Community All-Star and customer. I'm here to help by sharing my knowledge and experience. My views on Bell and the Community Forum are my own and not the views of Bell or any of its affiliates.

If you paid your bill on a Saturday using a banking app, your bank will update your account same day, but will not process it until after midnight on the Monday. Online bill payments can be cancelled same day up until midnight M-F. Weekend & Holiday payments can be cancelled up until midnight on the first business day thereafter.

Using your payment timeline from above, the bank would of processed this after midnight on Monday, that is Tuesday morning. Payments normally take 3-5 business to process when sent via your financial institution or credit card company. This is dependant upon the day of the week, the hour of the day & how you paid your bill. Bell still must receive your payment by the due date.

The processing time depends on the payment method you choose. I have attached a web link that will show the approximate time it takes to process your payment. This can vary significantly depending on the method you have chosen.

All Bell accounts have a monthly billing date. It is the same date every month. All bill payments must be received within 30 days of the billing date.

Your account is credited when Bell receives the funds from your financial institution. This time line can vary from 1 - 18 days. Although your account may be credited immediately at your financial institution, or even any number of days afterwards, this also depends on when & your method of payment,

The MyBell site updates bill payments daily after they are received from the bank. This time can vary from 1-4 business days after the payment date. This time frame can be longer depending on the time of day the payment is made with the financial institution, weekends, holidays, & if there any system outages.When Bell receives these funds, your account is credited.

The chart I have included in this link is only a reference point for you to use. It is intended to allow you sufficient time to pay your bill by the due date.

The processing time that I mention, is not unique to just Bell bills. All similar bills from other companies also work within the same or similar processing time lines.

https://support.bell.ca/billing-and-accounts/billing/how_long_does_it_take_for_my_bell_mobility_paym...

Hopefully I have been able to answer your question.

Take care.

65 REPLIES 65

BellNick

Hi there @Ex_Brit. Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community.

Online payments & in bank payments through your bank can take 2-5 business days for the payment to process. The steps for how to pay through your bank can be found on our article How to pay using your bankOpens in a new tab or window

Have you followed these steps and are you receiving any error?

As long as your full payment is registered on your account before your following billing start date, you will not have any late fees.

Looking forward to hearing back.

Yes I took those steps but it doesn't give me the means to directly deposit funds into my Bell account, instead it takes me to my Scotiabank log-in page where I then can Pay a bill.

Hi @Ex_Brit.

For direct deposit of funds from your bank account this can be done through your MyBell account. We'd recommend checking out our article How to register for pre-authorized payments from your bank accountOpens in a new tab or window

OK, thanks very much.

I have made a payment online and it’s not showing on my account. Payment of $200 May 1st

I paid my last bill last Wednesday in online banking and it shows as having gone through, it's now Sunday but the Bell site still says there is an outstanding balance. Does the site not update bill payments? Is there anywhere that shows a payment has been made on the Bell site? My online banking shows everything happening much more accurately.

Now I'm wondering if my payment is linked to the right account, but it is my customer number in both places accurately.

I would first off verify that the information that you entered for your online banking is entered correctly. For online banking your account number is your 14 Digit Customer ID number on your bill . (Top right hand corner of your One Bill.) If this is correct, then check back in a day or two. If the account information is incorrect, then you will need to contact your financial institution.

The MyBell site updates bill payments daily after they are received from the bank. This time can vary from 1-4 business days after the payment date. This time frame can be longer depending on the time of day the payment is made with the financial institution, weekends, holidays, & if there any system outages.

An easier and more thorough method for you would be to setup Pre-authorized payments on MyBell. You can setup credit card or payments via your financial institution. It is simple, accurate & will best meet your needs!

Here are some links to assist you. Choose the one that best meets your need:

Paying My Bill

I paid the fee through the automatic transfer of Td Bank, but the payment record does not appear
I set the Payee setting to bell mobility, but did I set it wrong? Or does it not show up yet because I paid on the weekend?

Hello,
I made a bill payment through banking app using my 14 customer digit to a payee named Bell One Bill 14 digit on last Friday.
I assume that it is still being processed so I wonder how long it’ll take more or there was something I had missed. Is there any way that I can know the current status of my payment? because my banking app only says the money is withdrawn. 
Thank you for reading my question!