New Webmail - Format and Feature Issues

paintinglady
Contributor II

I am trying to get used to the new email format. I love some of the changes but am having difficulty with others.

When I click on the square box next to the subject line when I first open my email link it now automatically opens to the email. In the past, I could click on the square box for several emails(they wouldn't automatically open again) and I could move them all at once to a select file folder. Now I have to move each one individually which is very time consuming. Is there a step I am missing or is this just the new way and if it is can this be addressed in an update?

I also find the font size smaller than before. I am not sure if it is because of the font size or if the colour was changed on the font but it is now hard to differentiate between unopened emails and opened emails. Is there some way I can change the colour of the font and the size? I have looked into my email settings as well as my browser settings but I couldn't see anything. 

Would love any help anyone can give! Thank You

194 REPLIES 194

Stumped
Contributor

I am replying to an email with more than 8 email addresses, but the new email only shows me 2 of them.  I want to confirm the full list of recipients prior to sending.  How do I do this? 

BeenTooLong
Contributor II

Absolutely frustrated with this new format! Among the many irritants, one of the main ones is that, once you are in reply or forwarding mode, there is no way you can access the mail or any other folder anymore unless you save your draft and quit it, then you have to open it again in drafts to continue. No reference in the menu header as before to show you a reply in progress. Everything needs more clicking, often ending up where not intended. I am using Safari browser to log into bellmail on iOS, computer and iPad. I am ready to throw in the towel with bellmail. Only positive seems that it loads Sent files faster, which previously took ages.

oh
Contributor

Whenever my cursor approaches the "TO:" field, a window opens entitles "Search contact". When I type in the recipient's name in the box, absolutely nothing happens.

I have never created a contact list, but this has never prevented me from entering recipients' addressing before. If I hit "cancel" at the bottom of the "Select contact" window, I get an error message reminding me to add a recipient.

Please help me. All I can do for the moment is reply directly when I receive a pertinent email.

So many issues with this format, I will have to list them

1) Composing, replying, forwarding all create a window which obscures everything else. No way to be able access any of the mail folders to crosscheck things without having to save your started file to Draft, close it and then having it to reopen it after referring to the desired folder. Once you have saved a composed letter to Draft, no way to actually send it after reopening it, so you may need to restart your letter. At that point, you can Send a reply or forward only. This is probably the most frustrating thing. There used to be more options in the menu bar so you could access Drafts without having to close everything else and you still had access to all your folders.

2) attached (JPG) files you used to be able to click to see a thumbprint and make sure it is the correct image. Not possible any more.

3) all my email addresses that were stored within mail are lost. When entering the required name that would easily pop up before, the message comes on "Empty contact list". Only the old addresses saved on the external Contacts appear. This is a major problem one can imagine!

4) There seems to be a lot more clicking needed for most functions and then often ending up somewhere not wanted.

5) Probably more issues coming up as I try to navigate this and wishing the old interface back with all my heart despite its shortcomings.

6) This version works only for the most basic tasks, anything more complex is utterly frustrating. After having used Bell for my mail since email was invented, I am seriously considering switching, though having to change my sympatico address has been stopping me so far. It seems the lesser problem right now.

Bell changed bell.net email format.  Now cannot see emails.  The left column shows inbox and that there are 17 emails.  I am on DSL with low speeds.  Before bell changed the format, there were no problems accessing emails.

With the new email format I can no longer forward attachments. It is extremely frustrating. I also am given a timer to write emails. If I don't do it in a certain amount I lose the email entirely. This is affecting my workflow. Can I go back to the old email format?

You also cannot flag an email as a priority with colours. Now it is a clear insignia in the corner.

There is nothing in the settings that help. I need someone in tech to support my issues with the interface.

If there is a way to reset this I would greatly appreciate it.

For some reason my new Bell email Calendar starts the day at 12 PM.  The current time line is positioned incorrectly  when AM / PM is considered.  For example, it is 12:59 PM as I write this note but the time line on the calendar is positioned at 12:59 AM when I scroll to it.

It's like AM / PM are reversed when displayed.  I'm using the 12 hour clock setting in my options. 

Mavis
Contributor II

I just got the new program about a week ago and I'm having lots of issues with it including the calendar situation you have mentioned.  I originally had a 24 hour clock but was able to change it to AM and PM only to have it run from noon to noon so although all my appointments and followups had the correct times on them, the hours showing in the 'clock' column were incorrect.  It's almost 8 weeks since you added your post.  Are you still having this issue also?

Paul-K
Contributor III

My iPhone calendar and new Bell Mail Calendar are not syncing entries. I've updated my iPhone Calendar password to force an account verification which is successful but the entries don't exchange properly in either direction.

Are there any reported problems with this one? 

Tnx...

Hello, how do I browse my computer to paste an image in the body of the message with the new bell mail ? it asks for the image name and url but the option to browse is no longer there. This is a huge inconvenience as I do not always want to attach files.. Also my text is always double spaced, where is the option to have it single space ?

Thanking you in advance,